- Execute project and be responsible for the proper and timely execution in ensuring the Department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
- Execute basic and detail engineering for static equipment such as pressure vessel, storage tank, heat exchanger and package equipment.
- Developing mechanical deliverable documents such as engineering specification, mechanical datasheet, requisition, equipment technical bid evaluation and also reviewing vendor document.
- Effective communication among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Provide information to other disciplines such as loading data, construction bill of quantity, electric load and also field work instruction.
- Perform proposal development related to the mechanical scope of work.
- Candidate must possess Degree in Mechanical Engineering background from recognized university.
- At least 3 years working experience in oil & gas industry as a mechanical static engineer or at least 5 years working experience in designing the pressure vessels (pressure vessels manufacturer).
- Must have knowledge of static equipment ranging from vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, columns and package equipment.
- Furnace /fired equipment and thermal rating for shell and tube heat exchanger is an advantage.
- Good understanding in static equipment design code and standard such as ASME BPV codes.
- Experienced with Client standard such as Petronas PTS and Shell DEP will be added advantage.
- Able to operate pressure vessel design software such as PV Elite, Codecal, etc
- Registered with BEM (Board of Engineers Malaysia).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation and report writing skills.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.