- Knowledge of engineering practices, functions and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of a Power Station
- Knowledge of the type of Power Station concerned
- Apprenticeship as mechanic for heavy machinery or degree in Mechanical Engineering Employment Record:
- Approximately 3 Years' experience as mechanical supervisor on a heavy duty gas turbine
- Ability to lead a mechanical shift crew for inspections
- Handling of machine tools (e.g. lathe) for modifications, repair and production of small spare parts
- Able to work unsupervised on mechanical tasks at the Power Plant as needed
- Competent with MS office software
- During planned or unplanned inspections arrange and organise local subcontractors to perform tasks under COMPANY supervisors' direction
- Work closely with COMPANY field service and inspection personnel to ensure coordination and cooperation between all parties
- Provide direct technical guidance and support to the Owner's Personnel on relevant maintenance matters
- Assist the Owner in improvement of relevant operations and maintenance procedures
- Analyse incident reports and suggest necessary actions
- Analyse operational data relating to any contractual guarantees and obligations and, if necessary, recommend corrective actions
- Advise and assist the Owner in planning and executing relevant maintenance activities and co-ordinate with the Owner and COMPANY for the preparation and planning of planned and unplanned inspection activities
- Identify initial spare parts, control COMPANY O&M's buffer stock and maintain the required stock availability, ensuring the timely availability of identified spare parts, consumables and tools for planned maintenance
- Help the Owner in selecting tools and equipment required for maintenance
- Ensure that COMPANY's suppliers of services comply with all applicable Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Assist in determining relevant training for the Owner's Personnel and its subsequent implementation. Train and guide any Contractor's Personnel, and periodically assess their ability and potential
- Comply with the Owner's as well as COMPANY's and legislative EHS requirements relevant to assigned duties and responsibilities
- Participate in experience exchange events
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.