- Primary task as responsible person to conduct safe lifting operations. Main job responsibilities include ensuring lifting equipment and cranes are maintained and certified fit for use.
- Providing continuity across operations and ensuring that cranes are only used in approved manner while lifting.
- Providing experienced crane-driving expertise for the safe movement of all loads within Southern Hub, Sarawak Operations.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping and safe work practices in and around the plant, protection of the environment to be considered at all times.
- Control and manage the safe and efficient materials handling to/from supply vessels.
- The Crane Driver will exhibit high standard of safety behavior and will ensure that all aspects of crane operations, rigging, slinging, crane and lifting gear maintenance and operations are carried out safely and effectively.
- Manage all lifting activities with respect to safe and efficient bunkering operation from supply vessels.
- A participating member of the platform frontline Emergency Support team.
- Completes the crane daily checklist on timely manner and records defects for follow-up with Maintenance department.
- The Crane Driver is authorized to operate the crane and lifting equipment and perform first line maintenance.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with team, colleagues and supervisors.
- Carryout accurate and effective work toolbox and handovers.
- Perform weight assessments and Risk Assessments prior to lifting complex loads.
- Check preparation of loads for lifting. (load is secure and stable).
- Familiar and accountable for use of various lifting items (plate clamps, barrel lifter, chain hoist etc).
- Perform bundling and slinging of 'simple' and 'complex' load.
- Movement and place of loads using appropriate hand and radio communication techniques.
- Rig, sling and position blind load using appropriate hand signals and radio communication.
- Perform deck lifts and vessel lifts following all relevant procedures and guidelines (including weather).
- Perform routine crane front line maintenance.
- Highlight immediately to Supervisor on serious crane defect that requires intervention. STOP WORK authority if crane is deemed unsafe to operate.
- Maintain slinging equipment (slings, hooks, webbing plate clamps, barrel lifters, chain hoists etc).
- Added advantage if able to produce lifting plan.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.