The role is critical to support, review, analyze and evaluate business process and user needs. Document requirements define scope and objectives including with formulate systems and process to parallel overall business strategies.
- Communicate and provide input with users to consolidate requirements into Annual Procurement Plan
- Facilitate tender/negotiation process, including contracts negotiation with contractors to ensure the contracts gives adequate protection to Company legal position and conforms to Company legal requirement
- Provide support during formulation of the contracting negotiation and clarification of contract terms, give recommendations on contractual exceptions/deviations from contractors, and draft the final contracts
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the teams and integrating their efforts to maximize operational productivity as well as conducting procurement analysis, supply risk assessments, demand and supply market analysis etc.
- Benchmarking the cost and quality, in relation to industry trends, with current suppliers in order to negotiate better pricing, terms and condition of sale and warranties of goods and products.
- Keep update on procurement and contracts matters, commercial terms and conditions, and market information in order to protect and optimize Company's interest
- Assist in managing overall performance and operation of the procurement as well as contracts for projects development.
- Involving in vendor identification, solicitation of offers, comparative bid analysis, price negotiations and order / contract finalization
- Ensure procurement and tender process are in accordance with the clients processes as well as PETRONAS' PTCAM guidelines
- Ensure contracts is closed out and user complete contractor's performance evaluation under the contracts
- Other related matters as assigned or instructed by the senior management Managers
- Review and analyze users' requirements in order to provide the best fit sourcing strategy and propose qualified vendors to match with users' requirements
- Perform as a single point of contact for both contractors and users to facilitate the procurement process and ensure its compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Purchasing/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Engineering background would be an added advantage.
Desired Competency (Skills and Abilities)
- Strong analytical, negotiation and contracting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP modules (added advantage)
- Good understanding in materials management system
- A sound knowledge of PETRONAS Tenders and Contracts Procedures.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant working experience in relevant field
- Experience in project coordination is an advantage.
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.