The Senior Cargo Operator's function shall include, but may not be limited to the following, which may be revised from time to time as indicated by changes in operational requirements.
- To operate and maintain all marine systems in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with the FSO Management System.
- To understudy the Operations Officer and assume the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Officer during the absence of the Operations Officer from the FSO.
- Bridge watch keeper when on passage, at anchor or disconnected from the riser.
- Ensuring all navigation equipment is functioning correctly, preparation of the bridge for sea, completion of arrival/departure checklists and regular function testing when connected to the riser.
- Ensure all navigational charts and publications are corrected and up to date, navigational warnings are displayed and complete passage plans and chart work.
- To monitor FSO stability with reference to stability, trim, stress and bending moments when on shift.
- Implement the cargo and ballast plan when on shift.
- Manage the discharge of produced water to designated plan when on shift.
- Assist Operations Safety Supervisor with tank washing and gas freeing operations as "responsible person".
- Ensuring the off take equipment and machineries, such as the IGS system, off take meter and prover, cargo pumps, are always functioning correctly.
- Responsible for the operation of the cargo pump during offtake operation and assist as required.
- Periodic inspection of cargo/hydraulic lines.
- Carryout routine helicopter fuel testing operations and assist as helicopter deck crew when required.
- Calculate daily production figures by way of manual ullages.
- Maintain FSO keys and security systems.
- To provide support during emergency response and take charge of the emergency muster station.
- To maintain all lifesaving equipment and fire appliances and associated equipment in accordance with PMS schedules.
- Assist with first aid/assistance to all personnel onboard and the maintenance of the Medical Locker in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition, maintenance of inventories, medical records/logs and checks of medical certificates.
- Liaise with Operations Safety Supervisor on day to day marine activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant operating experience on an FSO or similar FSO preferred and detailed knowledge of tanker operations includes crude oil washing, inert gas systems and marine safety systems.
- Experience with safety management systems preferred.
- Experience in berthing and unberthing large vessels at offshore moorings preferred.
- Chief Mate Class 1 Certificate of Competency or Pumpman or equivalent with Tanker Endorsement.
- GMDSS Operators Certificate is preferred.
- Good personal and interpersonal skills, good command of English and culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.