Senior Electrical Engineer
(Please note, this role is open to Malaysian Nationals ONLY)
You will be responsible for design of electrical and power systems for a development project during the conceptual and basic engineering phases. You will provide the engineering support to fulfil the requirements of pre-qualifications, call for tenders & bid evaluations and recommendations to award (RTA). In the execution phase, you shall supervise the Engineering Procurement Construction & Installation (EPCI) contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, procurement packages (valves, meters, transmitters, switches, control panels, analyzers, gauges and etc.), instrument support fabrication, equipment installation, Test-run, and pre-commissioning/ commissioning. You shall ensure that all tasks are executed in accordance with the project strategies, project specifications & procedures, SSHE requirements, and within timeframe while maintaining the highest work quality level.
* Responsible for design of electrical and power systems for the development project during the conceptual and basic engineering phases.
* Participate and fulfil technical requirements of electrical and power systems along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
* Supervise the EPCI Contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, functional test, installation, pre-commissioning/ commissioning and system tests.
* Verify the interfaces with the process, instrument, gas pipeline, safety, and machinery equipment.
* Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their equipment, materials and services. Your work includes the bidder list review, equipment/material specification and evaluation, service order/contract recommendation, vendor's inspection and test plan (ITP), logistics and delivery.
* Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
* Participate in the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards.
* Report the progress of the construction/modification works to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
* Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
* Promote and ensure an effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical/ Power Systems or any related fields
* At least 12 year working experience in similar or related functions
* Offshore and/or Onshore electrical design experience, Power supply sizing, ECS, UPS, Switchgear design, etc.
* Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
* Has strong knowledge in the engineering/design and construction
* Good computer skills
* Good command of written and spoken English (TOEIC Score Requirement: 650)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Good communication skills to liaise well with customer and government agencies
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.