- This integrated role focuses on overseeing multiple assets with dedicated Asset Planners while providing high-level strategy and direction for optimizing asset performance, in line with the Company's direction and goal.
- Responsible for medium- and long-term asset integrated planning.
- Asset Portfolio Oversight: Provide strategic oversight for multiple assets, each with dedicated Asset Planners, to ensure alignment with company objectives and performance optimization. Stay abreast with key issues from each asset which will possibly impact Malaysia overall performance.
- Integrated Asset Operation and Development Strategy: Develop and implement an integrated asset operation and development strategy that maximizes efficiency, minimizes costs, and enhances overall Malaysia performance.
- Strategic Direction Formulation: Proactively identifying opportunities for synergies or mitigating potential conflicts for value optimization across the portfolio to support Key Performance Indication (KPI) and Malaysia Asset Strategy.
- Collaboration with Sub-Asset Planners: Work closely with brownfield and greenfield asset planners to align medium-term and long-term planning with company-wide goals.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Utilize data analysis skills to interpret and present complex technical/non-technical data in a clear and actionable manner, distill complex data into clear and easily understandable insights to support management to make informed decision efficiently.
- Asset Project Evaluation: Oversee the evaluation of Field Development Plan and Field Improvement Project, ensuring accurate input, economic result evaluation and risk assessment, and value optimisation across portfolio.
- Continuous Improvement: Monitor industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to identify opportunities for improvement in asset management strategies and form actionable plans for implementation.
The Senior Engineer, Asset Planning is responsible for creating, maintaining up to date, performing analysis to identify risk and possible mitigation plans for the activities and projects in the Integrated Master Plan.
- Reporting to the Head of Asset Planning.
- Close working relationship with asset planning team from multiple assets.
- Close working relationship with commercial and economist team.
- Interface with cross functional teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (or equivalent).
- At least 10 years of experience in oil and gas exploration and production company. Prior knowledge and experience in field development, asset management or subsurface is preferred.
- Proficiency in systematically condensing complex data into clear, concise, and actionable insights in a manner that directly contributes to strategic decision making.
- Knowledgeable in project management, economic evaluation, and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with motivation, good adaptability, and passionate in driving changes to maximize various assets value.
- Good organizational skills, with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluency in English, both spoken and written.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.