We are seeking for position Senior Engineer, Constructions to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The prime areas of responsibility will be to provide support to the Project Management Team with the Petronas interface, scheduling, cost controls, contract and subcontract administration and general management matters pertaining to the Block H development.
- Monitor and report status and overview on project development progress and issues at hand, through scheduling, project controls, and interface with EPC and EPCIC managers / teams.
- Provide project monitoring activities within the project controls, procurement and cost control governance policies in Petronas (particularly in respect to PPGUA requirements).
- Assist in interface with Petronas and Partner(s) on regular basis. Assist in preparation of MPM and other presentation materials, including regular presentations e.g. Monthly Coordination Meeting.
- Prepare and maintain weekly/monthly progress reports and presentations. Prepare and maintain Long Range Plan.
- Update and maintain project cost controls / VOWD records, track spending against budgets.
- Contract-holder for Follow-On-Engineering contractor; maintain budget and administration of same in consultation with end users in EPC and EPCIC teams.
- Preparation of contracts as required, taking charge of all interfaces between Procurement and end users in the EPC / EPCIC teams.
KEY AUTHORITIES & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Engineer, Construction K.L. Office based, free to act within the authorities granted by the Senior Manager, Malaysia Projects.
- Ensuring that reporting and contracting activities comply with all COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulation.
- Manage scheduler / planner.
- The Health Safety and welfare of all persons engaged on or related to any site project work being undertaken by COMPANY. Persons include COMPANY personnel, staff, contracted and visitors, including third parties.
- EPC and EPCIC Project Teams.
- Malaysia Projects personnel, support functions / departments.
- On board short-team contract and technical staff and all visitors.
- Good relations must be maintained with personnel on all facilities and Kuala Lumpur office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 10-15 years' experience in oil & gas industry or in similar role in other industries, with relevant project management, services or interface experience.
- Project management, project support, front end, Planning and cost control skills. Software skills should include working knowledge of Primavera and MS Project scheduling software.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.