- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Shall be responsible for the Project Execution covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up. Shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
- Responsible for expediting all Instrument & Control engineering works including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors,
- Responsible to ensure that all Instrument & Control engineering works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCC.
- Responsible to provide technical support in procurement of Instrument & Control equipment/materials when required.
Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with other disciplines, as a Instrument & Control focal point.
- Review Material Handling Facilities, Methodology and Requirements for Fabrication, Installations and Operation.
- Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, ALARP, PTR, etc. as a Instrument & Control focal point.
- Provide engineering supports during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning phases where applicable.
- Develop Tender requirement in the responsible discipline and ensure all scope fully captured as Contract requirement for the subsequent stage. Including to be assisting Tendering team to conduct tendering process until award
Desired Competency (Skills and Abilities)
Must have a good understanding of process and facilities design and production operations including a broad range of expertise on conceptual, basic design development, detail design development, construction/installation, commission/startup and production operations of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant
- Must have extensive knowledge of Instrument & Control equipment and package required for Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant
- Conversant with ASME/ANSI, API, ATEX, ISO, IEC, AGA, GPA, NEC, NFPA, ITU and other international codes and standards applicable for Instrumentation Control System design
- Proficient in design and selection of Field Instrument, Control Valve, Safety Valve, Wellhead Control Panel, Metering System, Online Analysers, Fire and Gas Detectors, ICSS, PLC, SCADA system, Microwave/Radio System, Satellite System, Fibre optic communication, and Wire &Wireless communication
- Knowledge in Intools (Smart Plant Instrument) Software and exSILentia Software
- Extensive experience in SIL classification, SIL verification and SIF design
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent in communication and presentation skills, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.