Supervise technical matters relating to Telecommunication engineering works during FEED and EPCC of Onshore facilities of the project development and its related facilities, and ensure that the works are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and the reference specifications, design codes, and standards. provides technology solutions for Telecommunications (Fibre optic, Satellite, WiMax, Trunked Radio, Microwave, VSAT, SSB, CCTV, PAGA, RACON, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewall, etc.) of offshore and onshore facilities. The job includes technology selection, design, and technical resolutions of a telecommunication system for the next chapter of COMPANY i.e. IoT, 5G, fully remote unmanned operation, and maintenance. His/her accountabilities include supervision of the EPCC Contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, and procurement packages as well as supervising the equipment factory acceptance test (FAT), site acceptance test (SAT), onshore installations, and commissioning. To engineer and ensure all telecommunication systems for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, cost-effective and meet planned schedules.
- The Senior Engineer, Instrumentation (Telecommunications) is responsible for the Project Execution covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, and Start-up, Telecommunication system designs, implementation, modification, integration, operation, support and maintenance including, but not limited to data analysis, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Perform telecommunication technology selection for the next chapter of COMPANY, Perform network and security devices configuration to meet company "cyber security" standard requirements. Effectively and professionally interface with multi-discipline engineers, Operations, Automation, teammates, and other groups in supporting, maintaining, and enhancing the telecommunication systems. Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the telecommunication system along with the tendering process from the project strategy.
- Oversee/supervise the engineering contractor team to complete telecommunication tasks during the conceptual designed basis and RFQ for EPCC package, supervise the EPCC Contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, functional test, load-out, sea fastening, transportation, installation, hook-up, commissioning and system tests. Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Individual must be capable of working independently, efficient and competent in carrying out duties.
- Internal: Relevant Depts in PLS and Corporate
- External: EPC Contractors, Petronas MPM and Project Governance, JV Partners, Government Authorities as well as other external parties, if required.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Instrument and Control Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in offshore/onshore telecommunication and network design, construction, and material handling for facilities in Onshore gas plant
- Has strong knowledge in engineering/design, including QA/QC, construction, and related codes & standards
- Professional Certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.