We are seeking an Experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our client from oil & gas company based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Supervise technical matters relating to mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) engineering works during FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore Gas Plant #2 which support the gas production from field, and ensure that the works are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and the reference specifications, design codes, and standards. The primary role of the job is to execute the Mechanical engineering works in design/construction/transportation/installation aspects for the Onshore gas plant. Perform various activities including basic engineering or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), procurement package and strategy, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, to support the construction of the major gas field development.
To engineer and ensure all mechanical systems for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, cost-effective and meet planned schedules.
- The Senior Engineer, Mechanical shall be responsible for the Project Execution covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, and Start-up and expediting all mechanical engineering works related to rotating equipment and packages including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors. Ensure that all mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) engineering works are completed by the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes, and standards including COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCC.
- Responsible to assist and provide technical support in the procurement of mechanical (rotating) equipment/packages and long-lead items, justifying to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables, and coordination and communication with other disciplines, as a mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) focal point and for Material Handling Facilities, Methodology, and Requirements for Fabrication, Installations, and Operation.
- Responsible for ensuring the completeness of Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) Modelling, Design Basis, and Methodology to achieve the desired target, participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, ALARP, PTR, etc. as a mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) focal point and provide engineering support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning phases where applicable. Develop Tender requirements in the responsible discipline and ensure all scope is fully captured as Contract requirements for the subsequent stage. Including to be assisting Tendering team to conduct tendering process until the award and monitoring and resolving all Mechanical engineering issues that surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth completion of fabrication and installation.
- Ensure correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinate with design contractor to update into As-built design package and ensure smooth hand-over of both engineering design package and constructed facilities and accountable to the project Facilities Engineer for all Mechanical project works, status reports, reviews, assessments, evaluations, and studies as directed suitable for the job position. Ensuring control, diligence, and orderly performance of all Mechanical work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation will meet the project technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule and specify all Mechanical requirements needed for the project in totality and strategize to prevent potential variation orders and potential contract claims toward the end of the project and support Engineering Manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of the project e.g. assisting to review the work of Static mechanical equipment, Piping, etc.
- Individual must be capable of working independently, efficient and competent in carrying out duties.
- Internal: Relevant Depts in PLS and Corporate
- External: EPC Contractors, Petronas MPM and Project Governance, JV Partners, Government Authorities as well as other external parties, if required.
Qualifications & Requirements:-
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is an advantage but not necessary
- Professional Certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage but not necessary
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Onshore gas plant and/or Petrochemical and/or Refinery industry as a discipline engineer with a proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, Site construction, and Projects management & execution.
- Experiences in FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore gas plants/refinery/petrochemical plants on a similar scale to the field is an advantage.
- Having experience in projects which have high H2S and high CO2 is an advantage.
Additional Desirable Qualifications :
- Knowledge of features/applications of Digital Oil & Gas field operation is an advantage.
- Experience in CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up projects of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plants is an advantage.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.