Our client, an industry leader in the petroleum exploration and production industry, is seeking an experience Procurement and Contracts Specialist for their Kuala Lumpur office. Reporting to the Head of Onshore Facility Engineering, the Senior Piping Engineer will be responsible for all process/non-process piping and pipe supports in onshore gas plant facilities, including tie-in works with other facilities.
*Please note: this role is a 12-month contract role, on-site.
Scope of Work:
- Responsible for all process/ non-process piping and pipe supports design and construction of onshore facilities including scope outside battery limit (tie-in with others' facilities, etc.) during FEED and EPCC.
- Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the piping part along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
- Lead the engineering contractor team to complete the piping tasks during the conceptual, designed basis and Request for Quotation (RFQ) of the long lead items for EPCC package.
- Responsible to the overall design of onshore gas plant and equipment layout interfacing with the requirement from other discipline (i.e. pipeline, safety, material handling, operation and maintenance).
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and PTR as piping engineer focal point.
- Oversee/Supervise the EPCC contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, test-run, installation, hook-up and pre-commissioning/commissioning.
- Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their materials and services. His/her work includes the bidder list reviews, equipment/material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor's inspection and test plans (ITP), logistic and delivery.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
Required background and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 15 years experience in piping design and construction in onshore gas plant, refinery or petrochemical facility
- Strong knowledge in the engineering and design, especially the piping material selection, piping components, pipe support, stress analysi, corrosion/erosion, painting, welding, QA/QC construction, PDMS and piping codes and standards
- Familiarity with piping design code and standard and related software (ie: Caesar)
- Extensive experience in detailed equipment layout design, 3D Model Review incorporating piping design, operation and maintenance equipment
- Experienced in Engineering, Fabrication, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of Piping Component
- Experienced in High H2S and C02 gas contents including the design of CRA material (ie: Inconel)
- Experienced in high pressure/high temperature facilities is an advantage
Soft Skills Required
- Highly effective influence, negotiation, and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and liase well with both customers and government agencies
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.