- To actively contribute to COMPANY Maintenance Engineering and Reliability (ME&R) efforts throughout the asset life cycle (design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, operations, late life operations and de-commissioning / abandonment).
- To assist Head of Maintenance Engineering & Reliability and Mechanical Lead to carry out analysis and produce reliability and availability data for all Mechanical Equipment (Rotating and Static) as reference for maintenance strategy planning. To provide weekly reporting of Mechanical Equipment reliability status.
- Keep track and ensures all Rotating Equipment running hours are correct and switchover programs are adhered.
- Focuses on redundant equipment availability and not limited to perform Corrective Maintenance to maintain redundancy.
- Conducts RCFA when required and keeping a database of Bad Actors. Executes solutions from RCFAs as required.
- Contract holder for Condition Based Monitoring contracts.
- Analyzes CBM reports and follows up unacceptable vibration readings closeout, off specification Lube Oil analysis. Maintain line of communication to site personnel of which equipment not to be operated upon the CBM analysis.
- Ensures all CBM PMs are executed as per schedule.
KEY OBJECTIVES (cont)
- Monitor on daily basis for all rotating equipment operating condition thru available remove monitoring initiatives - SBH iCenter, Solar Insight, Emerson AMS, P2 Explorer, etc, and provide daily insight on any abnormalities and concerns.
- To implement and adopt digitalization initiative and technologies for employees, business partners or both groups, to make information more accessible across the organization. To promote data-based decision making and visible use of interactive tools.
- To develop, implement rotating equipment failure mode and effects criticality analysis (FMECA), root cause and failure analysis, bad actor management, and rotating equipment continuous improvement programs, procedures and plans.
- Develop and implement rotating equipment life extension assessment in accordance to PETRONAS's Mature Field Operations Model (MFOM) Guideline, covering key activities such as; gap identification, risk assessment and providing pragmatic recommendation covering all potentially required remedial actions to prevent risks associated with spares strategy, obsolescence, etc.
- To develop, implement, review, assess and validate where required Reliability, Availability Maintainability (RAM) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program.
- To promote and inculcate "Safety First" work culture to all direct reports, inspectors, contractors and colleagues.
- Build, promote and manage applicable KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) related to rotating equipment reliability.
- Lead for the Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) tasks and development of an analytical post-mortem to ensure that the same or similar problem does not occur on the failed equipment.
- Provide technical support in investigation, failure analyses, rectification of failed or problematic dynamic units/components.
- Provide projection of equipment corrective and predictive maintenance based on current operation data and anomalies, if any, on the equipment.
- Evaluate & validate any emerging technology related to improving rotating equipment uptime and performance.
- Provide technical leadership to champion COMPANY rotating equipment reliability procedure, plans, programs and software for the entire rotating equipment lifecycle from front end engineering to decommissioning.
- Responsible for the effective review and eventual ownership of all rotating equipment related performance standards.
- Deliver internal reporting (i.e. SCE equipment anomaly management, bad actor management, etc.) as required by Mechanical Lead. Ensure this is accurate, relevant, timely and clearly identifies areas of significant risks to facilities operations.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont)
- Deliver/present rotating equipment Reliability issues, recommendations, improvements, and /or KPI be it related to procedure, forms, systems, or processes, via bi-weekly mitigation review meeting, technical/management forums, workshops, etc.
- Promote, recommend and establish new technologies where appropriate. Collaborate with other discipline and partnerships to establish workplace innovation to manage rotating equipment reliability.
- Interface and coordinate with relevant stakeholders; discipline engineers, maintenance, operations, and safety team to resolve issues related to rotating equipment reliability management.
- Establish internal audits procedures to ensure rotating equipment reliability management related performance requirements is always met.
- Establish, track, monitor and report deviations and or deferments related to rotating equipment reliability management.
- Reports directly to the Head of Maintenance Engineering and Reliability, while indirectly repost and assist Mechanical Lead, keeping them informed of rotating equipment reliability activities progress/status, and providing pragmatic technical recommendations when necessary.
- Works closely with other Mechanical Engineers (Rotating and Static) to achieve the overall uptime for all facilities.
- Works collaboratively with other Engineers from PLO/M related departments to develop, review, implement and refine maintenance services continuous improvement plans and programs.
- Works with offshore and onshore maintenance teams to prioritize and execute rotating equipment reliability improvement related work, encouraging them to take ownership where necessary or applicable.
- Works with other Engineers from PLO i.e. SK Ops (PLO/K), SB Ops (PLO/S) and Production Ops (PLO/O) to identify, assess, and provide pragmatic recommendations to mitigate Rotating Equipment related anomalies.
- Estimate annual budget and works closely with cost controllers to effectively manage annual budget against spend and delivering timely and accurate cost information to the Manager, Asset Integrity.
- Works with project team, and facilities engineers (PLE) to plan and execute remedial / mitigative works associated with Rotating Equipment reliability related tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering with Honors or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience on rotating equipment in upstream oil & gas project management.
- Experience in Oil & Gas production operations an advantage.
- Knowledge with international codes, standards, recommended practices such as ASME, API, ANSI and ISO is an added advantage.
- Significant knowledge and experience of maintenance and risk management tools and processes, such as; root cause failure analysis, lubrication analysis, FMEA, RCM, RAM, HAZOP, HAZID, etc.
- Experience in performing reliability initiatives, improvement, analysis, monitoring of Rotating Equipments.
- Well experienced on rotating equipment preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance including vibration analysis, oil analysis, and other predictive maintenance technologies. Trained and certified with at least level 1 or 2 Vibration Analysis.
- Experienced in management of contractors, track record of project accomplishment including high level of safety performance, and leadership of action-focused teams.
- Self-motivated, with positive and flexible work ethic. Willing to train and develop multi-national work force and assist in mentoring and developing underperforming staff and contractors
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.