Senior Piping Engineer
(Please note, this role is open to Malaysian nationals ONLY)
The Senior Piping Engineer is responsible for all process/ non-process piping design and engineering of offshore facilities. He/She shall provide the engineering supports to fulfill the requirements of pre-qualifications, call for tenders (CFT) & bid evaluations and recommendations to award (RTA). He/She shall oversee all process and non process piping designs both basic engineering (e.g. piping materials, piping components, pipe supports, associated parts, piping routes, equipment layout, drawing and PDMS) and EPCI phases. In the execution phase, he/she shall supervise EPCI contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, procurement packages (piping material, fitting, valve and etc.), piping/support fabrication, equipment installation, flushing, load-out, sea-fastening, hook-up and commissioning. He/She shall ensure that all tasks are executed in accordance with the project strategies, project specifications & procedures, SSHE requirements, and within timeframe while maintaining the highest work quality level.
* Responsible for all process/ non-process piping and pipe supports on offshore facilities.
* Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the piping part along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
* Lead the engineering contractor team to complete the piping tasks during the basic engineering, designed basis and Request for Quotation (RFQ) of the long lead items for EPCI package.
* Oversee/Supervise the EPCI contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, load-out, sea-fastening, transportation, installation, hook-up and offshore commissioning.
* Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their materials and services. His/Her work includes the bidder list reviews, equipment/material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor's inspection and test plans (ITP), logistic and delivery.
* Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
* Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
* Report the progress of the work to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
* Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
* Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
* At least 12 years of experience in piping design, platform layout and piping construction
* Has strongly knowledge in the engineering/design, especially the piping material selection, piping components, pipe support, stress analysis, corrosion/erosion, welding, QA/QC, construction, PDMS and piping codes & standards
* Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
* Good command of written and spoken English.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Good communication skills to liaise well with customer and government agencies
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.