- Possess Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma of Professional Degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in the related field.
- Good knowledge in International codes such as ASME 31.3, API, ASTM, BS, etc. Familiar with the basis of calculations stated in ASME B31.3, such as branch calculations and wall thickness calculations.
- Familiar of preparation of piping material class, valve and piping specialty data sheets.
- Good material database skill and experience to work in integrated material control systems (Eg. SPMat, etc) with PDS/PDMS/S3D/SP3D/E3D 3D CAD is preferable.
- Able to work in team and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- PC literate (MS Word & Excel as a minimum).
- Good command in English (spoken and written).
- Priority given to Malaysian Nationality.
- Review ITB package, Process licenser's requirements, Client's Requirements and FEED Documentations.
- Select applicable standard, codes and specification and incorporate them in the job specification.
- Prepare summary of piping classes.
- Establish Piping Material Specification and piping standard assemblies.
- Provide data for piping components to 3D CAD Coordinator or 3D Administrator.
- Prepare valve and specialty part data sheets.
- Prepare Requisitions for Inquiry (RFI) and Requisition for Quotation (RFQ) for all piping materials.
- Prepare Technical Bid Evaluation based on vendor quotation.
- Review and comment (when required) vendor data documents and drawings.
- Supervises all Material Take-Off (MTO) activities and matters related to piping material within piping department.
- Provide guidance and training to junior engineer.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.