We are seeking for position Senior Structure CSS Engineer to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- The job holder is responsible to supervise technical matters relating to Structural engineering and Naval architectural engineering during FEED and EPCIC of offshore facilities in the client field and ensure that the works are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and the reference specifications, design codes, and standards. The primary role of the job is to execute Structural engineering in design/construction/transportation/installation aspects. Performs various activities including basic engineering or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), procurement package and strategy, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, to support the construction of the major gas field development. To engineer and ensure all Structural and Naval architectural engineering for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, be cost-effective, and meet planned schedules.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: -
- Responsible for expediting all Structural and Naval architectural engineering works including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors and ensuring that all works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes, and standards including COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCIC. Provide technical support in the procurement of structural equipment/materials and long-lead items including material testing, providing justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among appropriate engineering deliverables, coordination, and communication with other disciplines, reviewing Material Handling Facilities, Methodology, and Requirements for Offshore Installations and Operations. Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e,g, HAZID, ALARP, PTR, etc. as a structural focal point, providing engineering support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning phases and developing Tender requirements in the responsible discipline and ensuring all scope is fully captured as Contract requirements for the subsequent stage until the award.
- Qualify safe structure system for fabrication and installation, quantify and qualify impacts via a performance of project/engineering assurance reviews i.e. design integrity, functionality, safety, operability, and constructability. Perform alternate calculations/simulations, review structural works quantity/cost estimate, and benchmark against industry. Monitor and resolve all structure engineering issues that surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth completion of fabrication and installation. Ensuring correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinating with design contractor to update into As-built design package and ensure smooth hand-over of both engineering design package and constructed facilities. Ensure control, diligence, and orderly performance of all Structural work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation will meet the project's technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule. Specify all Structural requirements needed for the project in totality and strategize to prevent potential variation orders and potential contract claims toward the end of the project and support the Engineering manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:-
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Civil/ Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Offshore Central processing platforms and other offshore structural engineering and Naval Architectural engineering (e.g. Wellhead platform, Flare platform, Bridges, etc.) with a proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, EPCI, project management & execution.
- Experiences in FEED and/or EPCIC of offshore Central processing facilities and must have design experience in processing platforms with float-over installation concepts. The CPP float over, Launch Jacket, and Foundation Design shall be considered a specialist on the subject, and have fulfilled a similar role for engineering together with installation.
- Familiar with structural software including SACS, USFOS, FEA, GRLWEAP, MOSES, etc., and international codes and standards related to structural engineering commonly accepted in the oil and gas industry.
- Must have a good understanding of facilities design and production operations including a broad range of expertise on conceptual, development, and production operations of Offshore Installations. Experiences as Company Site Representative and/or field engineer during platform installation for major projects are preferable.
- Being conversant with related international codes and standards applicable to Civil engineering design and experience in CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up projects of offshore processing facilities is an advantage.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.