The System Engineer, Smart® P&ID is responsible for overall administration of Intelligent P&ID project database by using Intergraph Smart® P&ID, ensuring Information Management requirements are adhered to,and providing technical support to relevant project stakeholder.
- Act as a role model for the Project team member(s) for COMPANY values and contribute to COMPANY's purpose of breaking boundaries to engineer a sustainable future
- Participate in QHSES program, ensuring health and safety of personnel
- Ensuring compliance to GBPMS, BCMS, ICMS, DWP, GWPs and other related quality control procedures for Project Execution Systems perimeter
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction of PES perimeter (Contractual requirements fulfilment, documents/databases delivered on time, etc.)
Project Execution Support:
- Setup, configuration, and maintenance of Smart® P&ID database environment.
- Create Plant Structure as per the plant breakdown structure.
- Create roles and provide database access for all user groups.
- Establish and maintain Data Dictionary, Rules, Filters, Formats, Symbology and Settings.
- Customization of symbol library as per the project requirements.
- Prepare Smart® P&ID Implementation Procedure for configuration and workflow, following department and client drafting methods and standards.
- Prepare Work Instructions for P&ID users.
- Setup connected or standalone work share environment for multiple contractors.
- Publish reference data for standalone work share environment.
- Publish satellite drawings on host database.
- Create Display sets and prepare quality checking procedures.
- Create report templates for Line list, Valve list, MTO, Equipment list ect.
- Extract various reports as necessary for reporting and Information Mangement.
- Trouble-shoot and solve technical problems to ensure project integrity.
- Help develop automation enhancements.
- Conduct training sessions for new users.
- Maintain and verify daily backup routines.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding P&ID related issues.
- Clean-up and prepare database for Final Handover, inclusive of Database Handover Note.
Continous Improvement and Expertise:
- Support harmornization of Project Execution Systems work processes, methodology and tools, ensuring standardized deployment of its software and activities
- Collect needs and feedbacks from Project team for continous improvement
- Support lean execution of projects by registering ideas for continous improvement.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Information Management.
- 10 years of working experience in Smart® P&ID administration.
- Experience in managing FEED, Detailed Design and EPC projects
- Good understanding of Engineering workflows including inter-discipline processes.
- Able to communicate efficiently in diverse working environment including counterparts of various geographical location and culture.
- Good knowledge on 2D CAD application such as SmartSketch, AutoCAD & MicroStation.
- Knowledge in VBA Programing Language.
- Possess fundamental knowledge on Information Management requirement* Proficiency in English.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.