Our client is looking for a Business Analyst in Calgary.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 40 hours a week
Contract position until July 2020 however this maybe extended through remainder of 2020.
- Support the development and execution of Mining Solutions projects within the Worker Safety and Enablement program. Would report for the Project Manager, Digital Mine Programs and support various site focused technology projects within the Digital Mine portfolio (Transformation Management Office)
- Key AccountabilitiesDevelopment and management of general project management materials - project roadmaps, integrated program level schedules, work plans, sprint plans, presentations, etc.
- Oversight of (where applicable) and participation in daily activities with project teams and stakeholders, including but not limited to innovation team members and associated vendors/consultants, EHS, advanced analytics, communications, D&ET development and execution resources, etc.
- Support individual project's basic technical requirements - including working with internal SME's and priority stakeholders
- Compile industry and global vendor data related to potential implementation products in working "data base" with relevant evaluation criteria to inform leader decision making as work progresses.
- Support the development of all required gate documentation and deliverables, including business cases, gate support packages, decision support packages, etc.
- Monitor and track key turnover milestones and related activities, in particular, the transition of projects from development to execution and through deployment
- Support the management of key interferences (where applicable) and critical path activities with other related work (both internal and external to Mining Solutions). Examples include the connected worker program, and DOA/Mine M&R Enhancement
- Support activities internal to Mining Solutions related to overall portfolio management. Examples include supporting candidate identification and preparation activities for vendor days, developing projects updates, articulating project risks, etc.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for engineering or business/commerce
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience and Education
- 2-5 (or more) years experience in a planning, development or projects space
- Oil and Gas experience considered a major asset
- Management Consulting experience considered a major asset
- Experience working on technology implementations considered an asset
- Experience leading projects considered a major asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to critically think through problems and make recommendations
- Strong communication skills (presentation material, written and oral skills)
- Comfort working in an often ambiguous environment without total clarity
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36128