Process Engineering Manager
Reports to Director of Engineering
The Process Engineering Manager will build and manage a small team of Process Engineers and drafters in Muscat, Oman. This team may be augmented by contract engineering and drafting resources and outside consultants. The organization is expected to grow as more projects are developed. The team responsibilities will include:
- Process design (P&ID's, PEFS's, etc…)
- Process and performance modeling
- Process Hazard Assessments (HAZOP, IPF)
- Optimised equipment selection & sparing philosophies
- Defining requirements for Controls, Automation and Instrumentation
- Participation in initial concept development and proposals for new system architectures
- On-site support for commissioning, operator training and performance optimization at oil field sites throughout the Middle East region.
- Performance measurement and reporting
- Integration of Steam generators with existing Oil Field fuel-fired or heat recovery Steam Generation and distribution systems
The Process Engineering team will be expected to meet the following requirements.
- All work must be performed to Oil and Gas standards for Safety, and Quality, while innovating to meet aggressive schedules and cost targets.
- Help to develop and maintain business processes and quality systems.
- Ensure that the Customer requirements for content and process are being met in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate design methods are used
- Ensure appropriate design checks are undertaken
- Ensure that projects are constructable, operable and maintainable and can be safely demolished
- Provide technical interface with the customer and help drive decisions to closure, and coordinate integration of company's plant with the operation of the entire oil field or other customer facility. Organize and lead technical reviews as required by customer.
- Coordinate with Technology team to ensure smooth integration of the technology into projects, and optimize cost, performance, reliability and safety of the integrated system.
- Collaborate well with Sales, and Business Development on quotes, estimates and proposals for new plants, new applications and new operating conditions.
- Coordinate with global supply chain organization and suppliers to ensure all components meet requirements at the lowest cost, consistent with all performance, reliability, safety and quality objectives.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Highly effective communication and people management skills (such as leadership, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills etc) in order to build, motivate, develop and manage a cohesive and efficient team.
- Highly effective management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands company vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have over 15 years engineering experience in plant design, commissioning and operation, with a significant fraction of that experience relevant to company's needs.
- Have over 5 years of experience in Process Engineering Management or lead roles.
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Process Engineering or a related field. Post graduate degrees in Engineering or Business Management are a plus.
- Have a broad range of experience with delivering timely process engineering designs to support greenfield project construction activities for power or process installations.
- Have experience with varied projects scopes attained through differing stages of definition and development from concept selection through FEED and detailed design to successful commissioning.
- Have a strong intellectual curiosity about technical matters in all disciplines and can quickly master new areas technology.
- Be capable of applying broad general knowledge of scientific principles to explain and understand phenomena outside their prior area of expertise.
- Be as energized by hands-on field work, testing and troubleshooting as they are by challenging design and management work.
- Have experience working across cultures. Will be familiar with and able to adapt communication style for Western, Asian and Middle Eastern cultures.
- Have excellent communication skills, and be capable of professionally representing the company to customer's engineers and operators, and also clearly communicate requirements to their team, suppliers and construction contractors.
- Be self-starter, and work well with minimal supervision and coaching.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com