The Land Surveyor shall:
- Measuring the ground as required by the Client or Project Manager, including aspects such as small and large-scale distances, angles and elevations.
- Topographical Surveys: gathering data on the earth's physical and man-made features through surveys.
- Topographic survey and calculations of cut & fill, Volume of Stockpiles using AutoCAD & NRG Surveying Software.
- Processing data and the production of digital mapping from the Processed Surveys.
- Making use of geographical information systems (GIS) to analyse and interpret site features.
- Producing detailed information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and cartographers).
- Interpreting data using maps, charts and plans.
- Utilizing data from a range of sources, such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser Scanners.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information.
- Using a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and conventional methods.
- Provide technical survey expertise to enable accurate activities, quantification of onsite lay outs.
- Established & maintain the primary traverse, 1st and 2nd stage control networks that are used in setting out.
- Computing the correct coordinates of the traverse using known techniques.
- Setting out / stake out of all the coordinates project boundary & property lines alignments and elevations for roads, swales, ditches and manholes, design elevations, structure position, drains, centre line and offset reference using Total Stations, GPS & Scanners.
- Set, check line and grade of vertical structures using laser of electronic total stations.
- Hydrographic surveys of riverbeds to create a 3D model for dredge design & volume analysis.
- Deformation monitoring, including the movement of structures, highways and railway infrastructure.
- As built surveys.
- Weekly / monthly earthworks volume surveys & volume reports for sub-contractor payment assessment.
- Checking the location or coordinates of all construction drawings and master plan before work starts and calculate coordinates and elevations to be set out.
- Prepare accomplishment report of the as built surveys for submission to the QC department.
- Coordinate with the Site Engineers for the priority of the project regarding implementation, changes of plans or deviations, unusual activities or non-conformances rectification work and coordinate with the consultant for Inspection & Approval.
- Monitoring, inspection, documentation and ensure quality of work is maintained in the implementation of work as detailed on the drawings, plans and specifications.
- Supervision and monitoring of the survey teams to consolidate survey works. Use as built interferences and prepare reports for submission to the engineering department for revision of drawings.
- Retention of all records of the works in digital & hard format in preparation for the as built drawings.
- Drone and Laser Scan Surveys
- Instrument Checks
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37653