Operations Lead is a safety critical role. Key deliverables for this position are to ensure QHSE and Production targets are achieved on a rigorous basis. Operations Lead will manage, direct, coordinate, motivate and develop the Field Operations Staff to achieve the stated production goals within the predetermined criteria's and QHSE standards.
- The job holder is reporting to Plant Manager for his function and administration.
- Shift supervisor, control room operators, Lab technician and field operators are reporting to the job holder.
- The job holder has no direct communication role with Clients unless approved by the line manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Operations team is competent to understand and rigorously implement the Operating Procedures and designed set points (operating envelopes).
- Ensure that QHSE regulations are followed and applied for all Field Operations activities.
Implements the change management process, by initiating, assessing, and endorsing all changes to respective facilities.
- Fully understand the safety critical elements (SCE), and ensure they are operated and available as per design specifications.
- Capable to assess and maintain production capacity and forecasts achievable production outputs.
- Fully Understand the contractual requirements, production targets and safely achieve them.
- Ensure that updated technical documentaation is available to support Field Operations.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for field operations team/workers.
- Set up the regular daily, weekly, monthly reports are generated on time and submitted.
- Ensure that all the submitted recommendations by the Laboratory, Maintenance and other departments are followed up and being highlighted accordingly.
- Ensure that there is a continuous and adequate interaction with the clients and customers regarding start-ups, shut-downs and special conditions that might affect the plant performance and product specifications from the operation staff.
- Able to understand the inherent priority of matters and timely escalate them to Plant Manager for a solution.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Review, assess, and prioritize facilities maintenance works for shutdowns and actively prepared related permits, isolations, and timely release of equipment to maintenance.
- To monitor and control at all times production volume supplies, conditions and specifications within the contractual and designated agreements.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Field Operations Team.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Continuously monitor, assess, review, and set competency development plans for his team.
- Be aware of the responsibility of Operations lead duties during emergencies as per Emergency Response Plan (ERP).
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations activities on a daily basis.
- Understand the warehouse operational and transaction setups (Requisition generation, material withdrawal requests, lubricant and chemical ordering philosophy, etc.)
- Actively work with other disciplines to maintain asset integrity and process safety of the facility.
- Support Plant Manager to control operating costs, and timely delivers Operating Plans for discussion and approval by client through Plant Manager interface.
- Interact with the Plant Manager activities for further career development.
- Actively supports plant maintenance activities to maintain reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) of the facilities.
- Participate in the IMT activities and ensure the awareness of the departmental staff of the system.
- Assists Plant Manager and Perform regular audits on all QHSE standards and procedures (LOTO, PTW, TBT, JHA, MOC, ERP) are implemented in the field Operation team and documented correctly in the control room.
- Set up the Field Logistic Key Performance Indicators and maintain daily, weekly, monthly and annually checks and ensure that those are followed up by the department staff.
Key requirements of the Job
- Technical Or Engineering degree in Chemical, Petroleum or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in oil and gas industry.
- 3 years experience of Field Operations in sour and acid gas condensate processing facility in a supervisory position.
- Have proven skills for working in teams, collaboration, and achieving excellence.
- Experienced in Team management, and conflict resolution.
- Good troubleshooting skills, problem solver and information analyzer.
- Advanced knowledge of English both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good user of PC tools including Microsoft Office, computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30824