Logistics and Services Manager
Our client in Oman is looking for a Logistics and Services Manager to work on ongoing oil and gas projects
The logistics manager will work in the disciplines of field logistics, field camps and transportation services as well as the management of staff turnaround accommodation in Muscat.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to actively lead, inspire and foster a professional oilfield logistics operation.
- The logistics manager will liaise with Operations Director and Head of Production on operational issues.
- Study current logistics operation process and procedures and design information systems and reporting solutions to help logistics operation run more efficiently and effectively.
- Recommend process improvements based on report data; perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action.
- Develop and implement department Policies, Procedures and operational and safety manuals and maintain them and ensure that all activities are within national or local legislation and comply with company guidelines and procedures.
- Provide all team members with clearly defined and documented accountabilities. Set performance standards, goals and objectives which are aligned with their performance contracts and reward mechanisms.
- Provide technical support to the worksite team; as an example, during the planning and execution of complex lifting operations and during critical/unusual operations.
- Responsible for the HSE of Field Logistics Support, Field camps ( /- 800 occupants), Muscat Support, Transport Vehicles, and the Journey Management operations.
- Responsible for the contract management of (4) or more major contracts.
- Ensure that equipment and procedures are in place to deal with emergencies and unexpected incidents and exercise leadership and judgment in dealing with emergencies.
- Responsible for developing and managing field logistics and camp services budgets, follow budgeting guidelines, identify and bring about necessary changes to reduce costs and to improve work programmes and effectiveness without sacrificing quality or productivity.
- Help enhance the career development of the personnel in the department by providing guidance, tuition and support. Liaise with Operations Director regarding career development for engineers in Drilling Operations.
- Responsible to meet KPI's for the Logistics and Services department.
- Liaise and manage daily interface between logistics and all other stakeholder departments; production, drilling, well intervention, projects and supply chain.
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of the field logistics services. Conduct regular safety meetings with the field management, sharing lessons learnt from incident reviews and leading indicators. Lead Incident Free drive for the operations and conduct a quarterly safety meeting with logistics contractors.
- Assesses the businesses financial and Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) risks
- Conduct regular visits to the field to ensure that contractors are executing the work safely
- Develops scopes of work for tendering, evaluates, and recommends contractors for awarding. Sourcing, tendering, and contracting, mobilization and management of equipment and materials used in drilling and well intervention.
- Prepare Work Plan, Leads quarterly KPI reviews and annual operation planning.
- Continuously learns and applies updated logistics techniques and adapt to changing logistics landscapes, keeping up with current trend and best practices.
- The logistic manager will hold a relevant degree; preferable is a post graduate qualification in Logistics Management.
- Preferable also to be an active member of the Oman Logistics Association/ Chartered Institute of Logistics in Oman.
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
- Must have no less than 10 years' relevant filed logistics experience in the oil industry.
- Ability to lead a multidiscipline team of internal/external technical experts and services and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments and officials
- Fluent in English Language (Speaking, reading, and writing) to effectively interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization.
- Must be experienced in using ERP system and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Technical knowledge of oil standards & practices including standards in Oman & GCC.
- Must coordinate the work of several departments to make organization run efficiently.
- Use statistical analysis and other data treatment methods to analysis information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
- Must develop and implement strategic plans to reach the goals of their organizations.
- Strong written and verbal English, and ability to coach and mentor nationals
- Wide Understanding TMS, IWMS, and manifesting software as relates to logistics applications.
- Understanding of Ministry of Transport/ ROP and Civil Defence regulations.
- Understanding of industrial engineering techniques and theories as relates to logistics applications, particularly field trucking activities.
- Ability to conceptualise, plan and implement change.
- Leadership skills and people management, leadership's skills with a high level of cultural awareness. Must be able to lead and motivate team so that team members are efficient and effective.
- Hands on Contracting processes and contractor management ability and write clear scopes of work.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33070