General Manager- Engineering - Reporting to COO
Project Experience required MEP / HVAC / Cold Rooms / Industrial Kitchen and Laundry / Elevators
Qualification Essential: M tech, B Tech, BE - Mechanical from Reputed Institution
Desirable Additional Qualification: MBA (Marketing)
Relevant Membership and Certifications is a plus
Past experience in Oman / GCC will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge in MEP and HVAC Projects as core experience and preferably experience in Cold Rooms, Industrial Kitchens and Elevators.
- Result oriented, experience in similar position managing Equipment Sales, Large value HVAC and MEP Projects in a challenging environment.
- Proven track record of success and accomplishment of minimum 15-20 years of demonstrable experience with organizational growth.
- Experience in sales and execution of all Air Conditioning project categories involving (Chillers, VRF, Package, Ducted, Cassette, and Hi Wall Splits (Gree and York) and in preparation of tenders, procurement, and in acquiring contracts though proper pricing, negotiating with clients, and very high presentation and communication skills, and relationship building with Consultants, Property Developers, and Main Contractors.
- Business development - Strong Sales background, Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Extensive management & technical knowledge on Project planning & execution
- Leadership, resource planning & mobilization
- Excellent communication and presentation, managerial and organizational skills
- Financial management specifically focused on tendering, cost control and savings. Should be expert in estimating project budgets & negotiations, detailed design, contract preparation and understanding contractual obligations in projects along with engineering guidance.
- Good engineering practices know-how to be transferred to the team
- Comply with the ISO and H&S policies of the company, develop Engineering manuals and processes for good engineering practices and implement the same in various projects. Responsible for developing and maintaining a safe & engaging environment for employees. Make quality and safety plan and ensure implementation of that.
- Experience in Engineering Contracts and contractual obligations / requirements
- Evaluate risk associated with business opportunities and contractual obligations.
- Prompt correspondences for variations, claims, and secure company's interest by proper contractual correspondences with Clients /
- Overall P&L (budgetary) understanding and responsibility.
- Accountability for the financial and operational performance.
- Explore avenues of expanding Division's business.
- GM shall Manage Entire Division for both Supply and installation currently with a staffing level of 350.
- Ownership for growth, achieving sales plans through proper pricing, customer satisfaction and implementation of business plans
Provide leadership to the functions of sales, projects and service
- Excellent PR activities are required to acquire new projects through technical and business insight.
- Understanding market strategies, competitors, in-depth understanding of local market, main contractors and consultancy firms and a who's who outlook is a strategic factor to achieve targets.
- Input local market data and ideas to marketing & development function
- Lead the Annual Budgeting exercise and in ensuring that the numbers committed are met by the team.
- Coordinates resources to appropriately balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets (including working capital).
- Accountability for the financial and operational performance, contractual compliance, management & leadership of management staff and associated employees, maintenance of client relationships, and support for the development of new clients and solutions.
Consolidated Salary in commensurate with the Qualifications and Experience in the range of Omani Riyal 5,000 per month plus annual air tickets, Health Insurance and other standard employment benefits as per company policy. Additional benefits by way of Annual incentives upon achievements of overall targets.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.