Senior Mechanical & Piping AutoCAD Designer
Reports to Senior Mechanical & Piping Engineer
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate and manage within time and budget design and drafting assignments on projects.
- Understand IM requirements including tagging.
- Perform discipline specific design and drafting services such as:
- if required, participate in studies and analyses and recommend actions.
- prepare and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation and MTO's;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked and issued in accordance with Company/Projects procedures;
- Participate in project reviews as required.
- Provide support, advice to the discipline team and project teams;
- Participate in peer reviews, and consult relevant resources as required.
- Communicate effectively with the discipline team, clients and other project stakeholders, and make presentations as required.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and the client's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Where required, prepare or assist in the preparation of project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules and reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- Thorough understanding of piping layout and mechanical equipment design requirements
- Ability to read and design from P & ID's and other plant design specifications
- Ability to design and conceptualize in 3D
- Substantial design and drafting experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience. Preferably in an oil and gas organization.
- Fluent in English, oral as well as written
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Patient listener with the ability to stay calm under pressure and in difficult situations
- Well-organized, efficient and self-motivated
- A recognized design qualification in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Excellent AutoPlant or similar 3D drafting package skills
- Understanding of IM and tagging
- Driven and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative, maintain relationships, and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Flexible, and operates with a sense of urgency. Open to change and demonstrates the ability to change gears when necessary.
- Being one of the initial reference point for all divisional issues related to the Company Code of Conduct: promote an understanding of the policy; clarify issues and if unsure of actions seek guidance; and act quickly and decisively where there is an identified breach of the Code.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet the company's and its clients' needs.
- Effectively change to work tasks and the work environment.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve the company's health, safety and environmental performance.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in Company Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in Company Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving Company Vision and its associated requirements.
- Act in the best interests of the Company at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28653