Job Title: Metering Technician
Rotation: 30 days on 26 days off
Length: Initial 12 month contract
- Monitor Metering system performance to minimize metering errors.
- Monitor Process Analyser performance for plant optimization and reduce chance of process upset.
- Monitor Environmentally Critical Equipment to ensure reporting is accurate and representative.
- Coaching and Mentoring of National technicians.
- Carry out routine planned maintenance within schedule, including planning of the work.
- Completing any corrective work identified during normal operations or whilst carrying out PM's.
- Record and report mismeasurements to Measurement Engineer.
- Support Site Engineering, Measurement & Instrument Engineering, SEA, BMT and Central team in gathering data.
- Respond to requests from Maintenance Team Leader, Control Room Technicians and Production team to ensure smooth, reliable operation of the plant.
- Record keeping of metering systems to ensure they meet contractual and regulatory agreements.
- Ensure the upkeep of Test equipment, instrument calibrations, drawings, control charts, prove records and critical spares.
- Prioritise workload within frozen schedule to ensure plan is complete by end of 2 week window.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure we are meeting contractual and regulatory agreements.
- Assist Auditors, vendors and regulators during site visits.
- Support Projects team with work pack reviews, isolations and permits.
- Co-ordinate the order of spare parts and feedback necessary information for the order to Material co-ordinators, buyers and suppliers.
- Support Maintenance Team Leader in prioritization of corrective maintenance related to Metering and Analyser Equipment.
- Commissioning of newly installed analyser's after start-up or project completion.
- Review 6 week lookahead and feedback to planning / scheduling team.
- Permit preparation for 6 week look ahead to meet 14 day gate criteria.
- Focal point for Small scale metering projects between different parties (3rd Party Annual Water draw)
- Provide oversite and coordinate workload to other Metering Technicians in the team
- Liaise with Vendors / Manufacturer's when further support for troubleshooting required.
- Support Lab with upkeep of Gas Cylinders related to Metering and Analyser equipment, replenish and re-order when required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.