Role: Field Process Optimisation Engineer
Type: Initial 12 month contract - Rotational 29/27
- Provide operation and process engineering support to operate, monitor and troubleshoot the process to ensure operation is within operating envelopes, optimized and minimize the oil deferment.
- Provide the facilities input to well management team in daily production reviews in order to identify and implement opportunities to further optimize the production system.
- Auditing of compliance with design operating envelopes
- Regular support to Operations on plant performance issues and operating envelope
- Conduct debottlenecking and optimization studies in support of Operations
- Initiate and provide process engineering support for raising of Field Change Proposals (FCP's).
- Optimize chemicals consumption and ensure their qualities.
- Provide Process Engineering support to operations team during troubleshooting, start up, shutdown, root cause analyses, risk assessments, job hazard analyses, operating procedure development, etc.
- Proactively monitor plant performance to identify opportunities to optimise production and reduce oil deferment.
- In depth analyses of the events/trips that cause oil deferment
- Develop ideas and/or economically attractive proposals on how to improve the operation and/or debottleneck plant constraints.
- Notify stakeholders of actual performance problems.
- Provide process engineering support and input to projects and business plan
- Participate in HAZOPs, Design Reviews, IPFs etc.
- Identify and implement energy optimisation opportunities.
- To coach/train Process optimization engineer.
- Adhere to all HSE standards and specification
- Process Engineering Degree (BSc or MSC) with minimum 10 years in Oil and Gas industries with a minimum 7 years' experience as Process optimization engineer
- Experience in oil, gas facilities, process utilities and produced water systems.
- Process Safety Management knowledge in Oil and Gas Operations.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debottlenecking process facilities.
- Hands on experience in process simulation such as UNISIM and PIPESI
- Experience in process sizing (e.g. production separator, relief valves, control valves, line sizing and hydraulics).
- Knowledge of relevant international standard such as API, NACE and ASEM
- Highly developed language skills in written and spoken skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of taking initiative.
- Previous Middle East experience essential (local experience is a plus)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.