PLEASE NOTE: Due to current travel restrictions, only Omani nationals can be considered
Reporting to Head of FP&A
Mission/core purpose of the job
The Finance Business Partner role is the key link to the business department, by working with the business departments to define departmental budgets, operating plan variance analysis and special projects
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Compiling and reviewing analysis toward departmental planning, forecasting and
- strategic planning activities.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including revenue,
- operating Expenses and capital expenditures, focusing on tracking projects and their
- spend through the programs.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of
- unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in new and old projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
Job Specifications/Minimum & Preferred Requirements
Education / Business Degree
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting & Business Administration
Experience in a multi-currency operations
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in financial reporting
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in similar role
Professional accounting qualifications (CPA,ACCA or equivalent) is a must
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical thinker & attentive to detail with the ability to proactively engage the Supply Chain budget owners, analyse the business performance & make recommendations
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to understand the key needs of the Supply Chain management, to estimate their costs and to integrate them into the annual budget
- Good knowledge of general accounting principles
- Planning and organisation skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal (ability to interact with others), oral and
- Written communication skills (fluent in English and Arabic)
- Experience of dealing with Senior Managers within and outside
- of the Finance Team SAP By Design and Cognos skills desirable
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.