Mission/core purpose of the job The Head of Business Performance & Analysis Manager will be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
The role holder will be leading the Department and will be spearheading the client's annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making.
Strategic & Operational Delivery :
- Lead, manage, compile and provide analysis toward all company planning, forecasting and strategic planning activities.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating
- Expenses and capital expenditures, focusing on tracking projects and their spend through the programs.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyse causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools
- Ensure ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in new and old projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Ensure that the financial models to be used reporting purposes are complied, updated and maintained
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures are in place and are implemented to report budget against actuals accurately.
- Develop and/or improve information systems supporting the financial reporting to simplify and automate the procedures
- Work with the finance team to capitalize on business opportunities by developing and implementing strategies as well as assisting with business development opportunities for the company
- Perform other activities as directed by the FD and the senior management from time to time
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a Finance role
- Minimum 5 years' experience in supervising financial reporting experience
- Experience in all aspects of financial accounting and knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Building and Supporting Teams
- Driving Continuous change - Innovation
- Effective Communication
- Financial reporting
- Budget management
- Financial forecasting
Education / Business Degree
A Degree in Finance, Accounting & Business Administration
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.