- The candidate should hold an engineering degree from a recognized institution / university
- The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years experience in geotechnical engineering
- The candidate must have hands on field experience on construction projects
- The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of soil conditions in the middle east, particularly in desert conditions and Sabkha / Salina conditions.
- The candidate must be fluent in the English language, both spoken and written, and must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Professional membership / chartership is a considered an asset
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas upstream and midstream projects is considered an asset
The candidate is required to perform the following duties:
- This position is based on site, with a rotation (11 on, 3 off). The candidate is expected to be outdoors in the field for significant amounts of time.
- Perform initial well pad site visit upon release of sketch from Client wells team. Conduct constructability review based on geotechnical and general topographical conditions.
- Assessment of contractors trial pit reports and determination of bedrock depth in relation to stove pipe, raft foundation, and pile depth.
- Confirmation of pile socketing depth during piling operations and foundation formation.
- Review of Contractor pile testing records.
- Witness / review plate load testing of well pads and roads.
- Determination of future borrow pit locations and extent/ classification of materials.
- Ongoing assessment of suitability of material from borrow pit locations.
- Confirmation of correct mix of wearing course materials Gypcrete/ Chalky limestone.
- Inspection of all AGI permanent foundation formation / excavation and earthworks.
- Pipeline trench and bell hole stability confirmation (Oversite of Contractors Site Engineers Assessment).
- Support Wadi identification and rationalization exercise for pipelines including review of pipeline depth of cover.
- Support the definition of Salina extents during the construction of pipelines and roads.
- Supervise on site backfill compaction and testing for pipeline trenches.
- Support / supervise further in-field trial trench excavation and assessment for pipelines.
- Resolve site construction issues, including the encounter of unexpected soil conditions, provide on site advise on potential design solutions for such conditions.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35589