Petroplan is seeking to hire Principal Solar Energy Engineer for one of its clients
The Principal Solar Energy Engineer will support the delivery of consultancy assignments for large-scale solar projects worldwide.
Using your deep technical knowledge of solar power generation technology, you will contribute in close cooperation with other disciplines and project managers,
to the development of feasibility and conceptual studies, preliminary design & cost estimate studies, technological support to PV detail design projects
technical Due Diligences and the provision of technical advisory services in accordance with the project requirements and any applicable statutory and
- Execution of the following technical activities:
- Yield Assessments of Solar Plants.
- Definition of Basis of Design and Electrical Systems specifications for solar plants.
- Definition of the Solar Plant layout.
- Equipment specifications and selection (e.g. transformers, inverters, PV modules and supporting structure).
- Cables calculations and generation of Bills of Quantities (BOQs).
- HV substation configuration and protection systems coordination.
- Revision of the Detailed Design of a PV plant to ensure that the engineering developed by the EPC contractor meets the project requirements and
any applicable statutory and regulatory specification.
- Provision of technical inputs and support the Study Managers in the delivery of consultancy services, such as Feasibility and Conceptual Studies,
Financial Models, Cost Estimates, Market Studies and Due Diligences.
- Support the development of PV detail engineering design and PV EPCM projects.
- Deliver and/or review technical inputs and engineering documents timely and with the adequate quality.
- Support the Project Manager with the preparation of progress reports.
- Support the Project Manager in technical conversations with the Client and the EPC contractor technical representatives.
- Support the Project Manager in the review and response to Technical Deviation Proposals, Change Orders and Requests for Information submitted
by the Client and the EPC Contactor.
- Regular reporting to the project management on the status of the engineering activities.
- Ensure compliance with Company's standards and procedures, and that the right systems are in place and applied to the project. Support the
development, preparation, implementation and follow-up of various plans (e.g. schedule, quality, execution, project and interface management)
throughout the project during different stages and with all components.
- Engineering Degree required. Master of Science preferred.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) other languages skills are a plus.
- Ability to report in English, both verbal & in writing
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Power Plants projects development, consulting, engineering, commissioning and construction.
- Minimum 5 years of Power & Renewable Energy technologies experience is required, particularly in the design of large Photovoltaic (PV)
projects (from conceptual to detail).
- Technical Advisory experience (e.g. PMC, Owners Engineer, LTA, etc.) is preferred, but not mandatory.
- International experience is required (multinational companies or across different countries and professional cultures).
Middle East / Arabian Gulf experience is an asset.
- Deep knowledge of PV technology and the execution of large PV projects and technical PV related consultancy works.
- Good knowledge of PVSyst and CAD. Good knowledge of Pvcase is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Low Voltage (LV) and Medium Voltage (MV) electrical systems, and particularly of IEC standards for electrical design purposes.
- Knowledge of High Voltage (HV) electrical systems is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the following tools is a preferred, but not mandatory: Civil 3D, DigSilent and ETAP.
- Good knowledge of I&C and SCADA requirements for Renewable Energy projects is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) is an asset.
- Technical / hands-on profile with good communication capabilities are a key requirements for this role.
- Responsible and honest.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for its own work, open to creativity.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Collaborative, Team Builder and Leadership. Able to create a pleasant work environment.
- Pro-active and results-driven.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.