Senior Contracts Engineer
- Develop the required Contracts by Company from initial phases up to award and signing of the Contracts by the parties.
- Administers all the applicable Contracts (FEED, EPC, PMC and other Contracts) for the Project. Supervises and guides the Project Management Consultants engaged by Company in handling the contractual and commercial matters of the Project.
- Acquires full knowledge and understanding of Company's policies, procedures and delegation of authorities, Contracts terms and conditions and liaises with the Company lawyers, as required.
- Ensures that the relevant local and international regulations are followed by all the Contractors and Vendors.
- Prevents and mitigates potential Contractor claims. Develops and implements work processes and procedures to address the risks posed by Contractor claims. Assures the timely involvement of all the discipline staff of the Project and Company lawyer and other relevant staff during the project execution and claims handling as required.
- Seeks management guidelines in conducting duties and supports Contracts and Procurement Manager on all contractual and commercial issues to protect Company's interests.
- Be in a state of readiness for any internal and external audit Programs Company may initiate at any stage of the Project.
- Review the Project Procedures relevant to Contract development and administration function (e.g. Tender clarification, Variation Order etc. procedures). Follow up with Contractor until procedures are compliant with Project Requirements and are approved for use on the Project.
- Obtain prior financial approvals for all commitments as required under the approved Financial Delegation of Authority.
- Highlight any matters that will adversely affect the cost and schedule of the Project programme.
- Liaise closely with the Company management at all stages on all aspects of procedures and activities to ensure that Company obligations and requirements are satisfactorily met on a continuing basis.
- Interface between all stakeholders including Company Worldwide Departments to ensure that the Project needs are met in a correct and timely manner.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 -10 years of related experience, working for Contractors or Owner Organization in the Contract Development and Administration function.
- Must have worked in the Contract Administration Function on at least one major Oil & Gas Project preferably executed on a Lump Sum basis.
- Interfaces skilfully and with all concerned including internal and external personnel dealing directly or indirectly with the Project
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34157