The Head of Legal plays an integral part within the senior management team and holds joint responsibility for creating the Corporate Legal Strategy of our team in Oman and developing action plans to deliver it. The role holder will be responsible for driving the legal affairs in alignment with local regulatory requirements, providing legal advisory services to internal departments and mitigating contractual and litigation risks related to operational activities within our team in Oman. The Head of Legal will also oversee and develop the Legal and sites Acquisitions Teams whilst also working closely with the Group Legal Department to ensure they are engaged in achieving the strategic goals.
Key Job Responsibilities Strategic & Operational Delivery :
- Developing and leading the our Oman Legal strategy to promote and protect our Oman's assets and drive our Oman strategy
- Provide Legal advice to the MD and cross-functional teams as per the regulatory requirements
- Analyse legal implications of the business transactions and advise the internal stakeholders accordingly
- Lead the drafting and review of agreements, contracts and others regulatory documents by the Legal Team
- Draft, negotiate and review commercial agreements for the supply of services and products in our team in Oman
- Draft and negotiate amendments to customer contracts with major Mobile Network Operators
- In collaboration with External Legal counsel, manage all litigation and contentious matter
- Represent Company in all court and related cases and ensuring that external solicitors attend court in time and file reports.
- Maintain records of all licenses of our team in Oman.
- Manage regulatory issues and initiatives and proactively advise the Executive team on potential regulatory changes or risks which have an impact on our team in Oman (e.g. Regulatory Laws, rules, regulations and guidelines)
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the relevant local authorities and Government bodies (Telecoms regulator, Building & Environmental agencies, Tax & Labour authorities) and assisting in improving key stakeholders relationships for the benefit of our team in Oman.
- Provide support in the drafting of general management policies to ensure all the legal requirements are captured
- Facilitating filing of regulatory and tax reports
Education / Business Degree
- A Degree in Law Work Experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience practising law, with at least 5 years in an in-house Legal function in a Senior Leadership position.
- Experience in dealing with complex legal affairs in challenging regulatory environments
- Strong understanding of Commercial Law and Omani regulatory requirements with experience overseeing the Legal department within a company with similar activities (i.e : Telecoms, Power, Oil & Gas etc)
- Experience in negotiating with contractors, landlords and suppliers
- Experience in managing a legal team is essential
- Experience of working in a Company with similar reporting and legal obligations/disclosures to us in Oman.
- Experience of working in Oman is preferred
Must be based in Oman
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.