Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas company are currently looking for an accomplished Shift Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Shift Supervisor provides leadership, training and technical troubleshooting guidance to a team of up to ten operators to ensure safe and efficient operation of the site plant. The Shift Supervisor monitors plant operations and plant equipment, and draws on a comprehensive knowledge of operator duties and responsibilities in all areas of the plant to facilitate the achievement of optimal production within safe operating limits.
- Oversee the operation of all plant equipment and related devices, including but not limited to, a high-pressure package boiler; hydrogen reformer; high-pressure waste heat boiler; high-pressure steam turbines; high-pressure compressors; high-pressure pumps and vessels; distributed control system (DCS); cation, anion, and mix-bed water treatment plant; fire water system; cooling towers; N2 generation; diesel and natural gas electrical emergency generators; and related refrigeration system.
- Ensure operators make appropriate adjustments to plant equipment to foster the achievement of production, reliability and quality targets.
- Work with other departments, particularly with respect to safe isolation and lock-out of equipment for inspection and repair.
- Lead safety meetings, review plant procedures with crew members on a regular basis, and maintain and review logs of all process, maintenance, water treatment and safety activities.
- Facilitate appropriate administration of the Work Safety Control Systems (WSCS), ensure team members carry out their duties as issuing authorities and area authorities, and review and approve all high-risk work including the completion of required operations risk assessments, rescue plans and contingency plans.
- Ensure operating compliance with all regulatory and environmental limits.
- Manage crew scheduling to meet department and employee needs
- Promote the development of crew members through the provision of coaching and mentoring, and by facilitating performance management activities including the development of performance goals, career plans, and the completion of performance appraisals.
- Actively lead the response to emergency situations during regular and non-regular working hours.
MUST HAVE SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Second Class Power Engineering Certification is a must
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Power Engineering Technology preferred
- A minimum of ten years of operations experience within a petrochemical or other industrial plant setting, complemented by at least five years supervisory experience that includes coaching and mentoring team members, completing performance appraisals, and supporting training, development and career planning activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships, including strong collaboration skills, cultural sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Superior mentoring and coaching skills, and a proven ability to support others in achieving success
- A demonstrated ability to lead and develop direct reports, challenge and stretch team members in meaningful ways and build a strong and agile team
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A strong focus on work safety and efficiency
- Acceptance for a 12-hour, rotating, day/night schedule
- Must be eligible to work in Canada - NO Sponsorship
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com