Reporting to Manager Project Controls, you will be providing project controls service consulting with project team members on assigned project. With your experience and knowledge of project controls process and tools, you will be providing planning/scheduling, cost control, change management, progress and performance analysis, forecasting and reporting with focus on timeliness and accuracy.
- As a professional, you will be responsible to develop, maintain and continuously improve all aspects of project planning / scheduling and Cost Control for the successful PC service on assigned project.
- Maintain and update Work Breakdown Structure, Work Packages, Control Accounts and the Cost Breakdown Structure for assigned project.
- Responsible for the producing effective scheduling reports, cost reports, incurred cost flow reports and forecast for the project.
- Analyze and evaluate schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating change notices, project incurred / actual costs management, change management process (scope changes, non-scope changes and potential changes), with impact on project forecast (estimate at completion, forecast at completion).
- Liaisons as required to support project teams in order to provide accurate and timely expert advice to the project leadership team that may allow proper and effective project steering
- Onboarding and continuous stewardship of Engineering, procurement and Construction contractors to the project controls requirements for early compliance to the contractual controls obligations and standards.
- Setup and review field progress and performance systems in line with the procedures of Project Execution Function (PEF).
- Provide project progress & performance verification, compares actual, planned and forecast hours, key quantity installed in the field, costs and explain variances; Identify future potential cost / schedule forecast and make a judgment regarding its impact.
- Perform audit of actual claimed progress (deliverables, field quantities, etc.)
- Coordinate the preparation, consolidation and analysis of project reports assuming responsibility for its overall accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Provides periodic schedule risk analysis and quality check for all project schedules, as well as supports implementation of any findings and any recommendations (e.g. PMoC, resource/shift adjustments)
- Ensures that schedule delays are reflected in the forecast costs
- Supports development and maintenance of integrated system completions schedules
- Tracks schedule benchmarking data
- Collaborates with functional counterparts like PC Estimating, Engineering, Construction, Supply Chain, Finance, and Project Governance to guarantee the necessary input from those functions are considered in the planning effort to achieve project goals.
- Working with contractors and functional counterparts, works on the month-end reporting w.r.t schedule and cost variance analysis, project performance metrics, quantity tracking and forecasting, system completion metrics, and stewardship process per required timelines.
- Leading contractor's development and compliance to PC best practices and procedures.
Experience and Education:
- 10 or more years of direct project controls experience in the oil and gas sector
- Additional experience in commissioning & start-up, maintenance outages, and operations is an asset
- Project controls experience in Planning/Scheduling, project management of change, field progress systems and contractor performance management in a major projects environment
- Additional experience in risk management is an asset
- Bachelor's degree or Trade background is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Project Controls professional with depth and well-rounded project controls expertise, understanding of procedures and best practices.
- Ability to translate schedule information into usable reports at different levels of the organization
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal, and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3, EcoSys, Primavera version 7 or version 8, Microsoft office applications like Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Additional working knowledge of Primavera Risk and Acumen Fuse is an asset.
- 5x2 rotation; Ft. McMurray candidates will be strongly considered
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28732