QA/QC Mechanical Inspector - Pipe Yard Modules
The QA/QC Mechanical Inspector will oversee pipe and module fabrication and provide Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with all procedures, applicable codes, standards, and Project Standards. The QA/QC Mechanical Inspector will be the Owners Inspector and will be required to work with the EPCM to verify that all the examinations and testing have been completed and to inspect the piping to the extent necessary to be satisfied that it conforms to all the applicable requirements of the code and engineering design.
* Review fabricator's inspection plans to verify compliance with Owner requirements.
* Reviews PQR, WPS and welder qualifications with EPCM contractor
* Approve Non-conformance dispositions, identify any corrective actions to prevent recurrence and identify trends.
* Monitor fabrication, heat treatment, hardness testing, welding and fit ups.
* Work with the EPCM contractor and fabricator to establish designated lots for nondestructive examination. Monitor lot compliance.
* Perform random material and welding consumable MTR reviews to ensure compliance with appropriate ASME codes.
* Witness hydrostatic testing.
* Review quality RFI requests and forward to QA Manager and Engineering.
* Monitor and oversee the contractor's inspection/testing/ and modular yard installation activities to ensure the contractors' compliance with project quality requirements.
* Perform a modular walkdown with EPMC contractor and fabricator, identify punch list items and verify completion and closure.
* Review manufactures turnover packages.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience * BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Certified Technologist, or relevant certifications and experience.
* Preference will be given to candidates who possess AWS CWI API, or ASNT certification. * Should have certificate for ASNT LEVEL ΙΙ RT, UT, PT & VT, or relevant experience. * Proven 10 years working experience in the oil, gas, or petrochemical industry.
* Knowledge of the Louisiana State Boiler Regulations, Title 55, Chapter 50
* Demonstrate knowledge of the pressure equipment inspection and management process and practices.
* Knowledge in the application of materials, material selection, welding and inspection.
* Knowledge and understanding of ASME Codes such a s Section I, II, VIII, IX, V, and B31.1/31.3. * Knowledge of welding processes and non-destructive examination techniques and limitations (RT, UT, LT, PT, MT, Eddy Current, IRIS, etc.)
* NACE CIP certification is a definite asset.
* API Source Inspector Fixed Equipment (SIFE) certification is a definite asset.
* Basic technical and operational knowledge of the petrochemical industry.
* Knowledge of equipment manufacturing, fabrication, inspection, testing, and installation practices.
* Knowledge of ASME and National Board Data reports.
* Knowledge and experience with reading and interpretation of plant drawings & datasheets: P&ID's, piping and equipment.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
* Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36559