Primary purpose of job
Responsible for planning, preparation, management, cost control and reporting for the 5 Years Operating and Capital Budget of the HSE & Business Services department (VB). Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Budget & Cost Control at VB. Coordinates with CLIENTS' Finance and Departments, as VB Budget SME, and Contributes both at Budget Discussion meetings with Finance team and on financial matters (i.e., Payables, Receivables, Asset Capitalization, Asset Write Off, Budgetary and cost control issues) with VB Departments.
* Proactively tracks and follows up on budget utilization / recoveries and provides recommendations, to Management, for cost control and optimization. Provides Management with independent expert analysis, opinions and advice on best use of budgeted resources to minimize financial risks to Department operations.
Provides reports on financial performance of VB /Department to Management.
* Supports VBS/2 to implement Business Excellence initiatives, with emphasis on cost savings, value for money and customer focus. Business Excellence refers to programs that address improving business processes, productivity levels, reduction of structural costs and cost containment of VB operations. Example: via services prioritization, workforce reorganization, outsourcing, etc.
Experience & Skills
* Minimum 8 years' experience in an accounting/finance environment within the Oil & Gas Industry
* Computer literacy (MS Office suite of programs), Lotus Notes and thorough knowledge in SAP FICO, ES, PM, SD, PS and MM modules is essential.
* Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills.
* A good command of spoken and written English is essential.
* University degree in Accounting/Finance, Commerce or equivalent.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33799