We are working with a large Oil & Gas Operator in Qatar who are looking for 4 project engineers on a CO2 pipeline project in Dukhan, Qatar.
Competitive monthly salary in USD, housing allowance, location allowance, medical, car allowance, bonuses, flights home, generous holiday allowance and full family package available.
Provide complete project management services for all capital projects assigned to him and covering all aspects of projects from inception to commissioning and handover. Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, in a safe manner and in accordance with project requirements, specifications and standards.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating Projects Teams formed to provide complete projects management services to execute assigned projects in onshore areas from inception to completion and hand over.
- Prepare or review and implement project plans such as Project Execution, Risk Management, Assurance, Quality, HSE interface etc.
- Participate and monitor Planning, cost Control, Budgeting, Contract Administration, Progress reporting, Change Management and gate approval activities.
- Manage and coordinate a team of multi discipline Engineers to achieve a cost effective design through timely resolution of technical and engineering issues.
- Participate in the preparation of tender packages, tendering process, evaluation of tenders and submissions with appropriate recommendations to relevant tender Committees.
- Generate and maintain risk registers by updating these in order to ensure that risks are managed and mitigated.
- Interface closely with end user and other stakeholders including Government and Statutory authorities and other third party entities such as JVs.
- Participate in the processing and resolution and Variations and Contractor claims.
- Participate in the review and development of procedures and guidelines as and when assigned.
- Assist and mentor Qatari Engineers with their assigned development program and supervise their progress.
- Under general supervision of Head of Projects, take the decisions on the project issues within the framework of respective contract documents and Procedures/Guidelines, in close coordination and concurrence with the Project Team.
- Accountable for efficiently managing all activities for project management and execution in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Validate and endorse the value of work done against Contractors invoice.
- Frequent extended working hours may be required, which include out-door field
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural Management of sound inter-personal relationships and effective communication within the organisation and Contractor Teams.
- Sc. Degree in an Engineering discipline from any recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership in a recognized professional engineering and/or project management association/institution would be an advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience in engineering, project management and execution of oil & gas projects
- Variable depending on role
- Experience managing and executing brownfield projects.
- Experience in Pipeline and downstream fuel distribution projects. Experience with CNG station an advantage.
- Experience with dense phase Co2 Pipelines and process equipment. Experience in mature field development including Water Alternating Gas (WAG) injection schemes an advantage.
- Extensive experience managing brownfield projects.
- Experience managing projects independently as the client/owner representative, preferably with an IOC.
- Experience in engineering coordination with various discipline Engineers during feasibility and concept optimization studies, FEED and EPIC.
- Can demonstrate skilled practitioner level in the following competencies: Manage Engineering Definition Activities, Coordinate Operational Requirements and philosophies into the Project, Manage Detailed Design Activities, Manage Construction Activities, Manage Operational Readiness and Assurance Process including Commissioning and Start-up, Handover and Close Out the project, Develop Project Execution Strategies and Plans, Manage Project Interfaces Management of Change (MOC), Manage and Communicate Project Performance, Identify and Manage Project Risks, Understand and Manage the Schedule and Resource the Plan, Develop WBS Schedule with Planning Department, Manage Project Cost and Budget, Manage Contracts including Changes and Variations, Understand and Manage GCOC's, Manage Equipment and Material Procurement of Long Lead Items, Manage Contractor Claims and Resolution, Identify and manage HSE risk
- Effective communication and team building skills including presentation, report writing and management of meetings
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32684