We are working with a large oil and gas company who are looking for a Project Manager to join them on their projects in Qatar.
The Project Manager will provide complete project management services for the project assigned to him/ her and covering all aspects of the project from inception to commissioning and handover. The project manager will ensure project is completed on time, within budget, in a safe manner and in accordance with project requirements, specifications and standards.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the Project Team formed to provide complete projects management services to execute assigned project.
- Develop project objectives, strategies and performance indicators
- Prepare or review and implement project plans such as Project Execution, Risk Management, Assurance, Quality, HSE, interface etc.
- Participate and monitor Planning, cost Control, Budgeting, Contract Administration, Progress reporting, Change Management and gate approval activities.
- Manage and coordinate a team of multi discipline Engineers to achieve a cost-effective design through timely resolution of technical and engineering issues.
- Lead the preparation of tender packages, tendering process, evaluation of tenders and submissions with appropriate recommendations to relevant tender Committees.
- Lead with the support of project engineers the risk management activities including maintaining risk registers and developing risk management plans to ensure that risks are managed and mitigated.
- Interface closely with end user and other stakeholders including Government and Statutory authorities and other third-party entities such as JVs.
- Participate in the processing and resolution and Variations and Contractor claims.
- Assist and mentor Qatari Engineers with their assigned development program and supervise their progress.
Decision Making Authority
Under the general supervision of the manager, Pipelines and GDS Projects takes decisions on project issues within the framework of respective contract documents and QP procedures and guidelines in close coordination and concurrence with the project team.
Endorses/approves project deliverables as per the project management framework.
Validates and endorses Value of work done against contractor invoices.
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- Frequent extended working hours may be required, which include out-door field work.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment. Management of sound inter-personal relationships and effective communication within QP and Contractor Teams.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University
- Membership in a recognized professional engineering and/or project management association/institution would be an advantage.
- A minimum of eighteen (18) years relevant experience in engineering, project management and execution of oil & gas projects.
- Experience managing and executing brownfield projects in resource/petrochemical industry.
- Experience managing projects as the client/owner, preferably with an IOC.
- Can demonstrate a "skilled" practitioner level in the following proficiencies: Manage Project Initiation Activities, Manage Feasibility Studies, Manage Concept Optimisation Activities, Manage Engineering Definition Activities, Coordinate Operational Requirements and philosophies into the Project, Manage Construction Activities, Manage Operational Readiness and Assurance Process including Commissioning and Start-up, Handover and Close Out the project, Set up and Manage Project Teams, Develop Project Execution Strategies and Plans, Management of Change (MOC), Manage and Communicate Project Performance, Implement Lessons learnt & Participate in Audits and Reviews, Understand and Manage the Schedule and Resource the Plan, Develop WBS Schedule with Planning Department, Manage Project Cost and Budget, Develop WBS / CBS with Cost Department, Support and Manage Cost Estimate Development and communication, Manage Contracts including Changes and Variations, Understand and Manage GCOC's, Provide Leadership in HSE Management.
- Can demonstrate a" mastery" practitioner level in the following proficiencies: Manage Project Interfaces, Identify and Manage Project Risks, Manage Contractor Claims and Resolution, Demonstrate Empowering and Inspirational Leadership, Demonstrate Ethics, Compliance and Professionalism
- Effective communication and team building skills including report writing, presentations and management of meetings.
- Project management experience of managing, FEED and EPIC of oil & Gas Pipeline projects
- Experience of managing execution of CO2 and Enhanced Oil Recovery pipelines and related facilities will be advantage.
If this project manager opportunity is of interest, please don't hesitate to apply now.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32805