Head of Projects
Contract (2 years fixed - full ex-pat package available)
JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Lead the project team to plan and manage the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning of capital projects to meet business objectives. Projects are within brownfield environment.
- Act as the leader in safety for all project personnel
- Instil and reinforce the culture of incident free execution to project team, ensure safe execution of all project activities
- Develop project execution plan; ensure the project execution plan is updated as required; ensure the project execution plan is properly executed
- Manage and administer the engineering contracts with Process SME Contractor, Engineering Contractor, and any other contractors involved in planning and execution of the project
- Ensure project systems and procedures are set up to support the contractors in executing their respective scope of work
- Engage and support the team addressing interface issues internal/external to the project team
- Guide the project team through all required procedures and processes, including company Project Management Practices and Tools and HSE
- Manage and monitor the performance of the project team to ensure performance deviations are identified and addressed promptly
- Provide timely reports and engage the Guidance Review Team (GRT) appropriately of the project progress
- Engage sponsor and GRT members to ensure the project receives proper level of supports from other departments within the project
- Ensure proper project controls system are created and implemented to control project cost and schedule
- Supervise and provide guidance to team to achieve project goals and objectives
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Take ownership and accountability for the safety and health of all personnel working on the project
- Promote safety culture to all contractors involved in the project
- Ensure adequate and appropriate safety activities are conducted to ensure personnel safety and compliance with regulatory, health, safety, security, environmental, and quality procedures
- Ensure compliance with Life Critical Procedures, Tenets of Operations, Consent to Operate, plant policies and procedures to guarantee employee safety.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Guide the project team through the project execution process
- Ensure all required deliverables are completed as required through all phases of the project
- Ensure the project execution plan are written, updated, and followed by the project team
Schedule and Cost
- Ensure and take accountability for overall schedule and cost of the project
- Exercise good capital stewardship
- Establish project schedule and budget for each phase of the project, meeting the requirement of the project phases
- Ensure the project team creating procedures to monitor and control project schedule and project cost
- Monitor and control project budget and project schedule
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Implement all relevant Section's policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Develop and execute reporting plan to ensure all stakeholders of the projects are informed
- Ensure periodic reports and ad-hoc reports are prepared and distributed per reporting plan
- Keep Senior Manager, Projects abreast of project activities via formal or informal reports per reporting plan
- Support company nationalisation effort
- Invest time to train and provide guidance to Qatari engineers and trainees as they are assigned to support the projects
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Master's degree in Engineering
- Total of 10 years of project experience in O&G Industry, out of which 4 years at Supervisor/Mid-Management level.
- Total of 10 years of project experience in Petrochemical Industry, out of which 5 years at Supervisor/Mid-Management level; practical knowledge of phase gated project execution process; experienced managed capital projects > $30 MM USD
English - proficient
Arabic - working knowledge
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.