Head, Oil Commercial
Primary Purpose of the Job
Responsible for looking after our client's commercial interests. Embedded in a complex range of existing fiscal and shareholding agreements, related to their non-operated oil fields (the "Assets"), using effective asset management commercial processes. The incumbent has single point commercial accountability for the Assets, and acts as the primary contact for external parties.
- Asset Commercial oversight: Ensure an effective regular internal asset commercial review process is implemented. Identify, report and recommend solutions for material non-compliance issues to the Assistant Manager, Oil Commercial, including advice on the commercial impact and / or risks of such non-compliance. Prepare periodic reports capturing the commercial performance and profitability of the assigned areas. Review drafts of WP&B submitted by the JVs, challenge assumptions, and assimilate our client's main objectives and expectations;
- Focal Point: Participate in commercial meetings and presentations arranged by operators and IOC partners. Communicate our client's position on strategies, initiatives, solutions to conflicts and issues, business proposals and opportunities for enhancing the returns from the Assets. Act as the focal point for all commercial matters with external stakeholders;
- New Initiatives and Dispute Resolution: Identify and evaluate asset enhancement concepts / initiatives, synergies, risks and commercial disputes. Lead the development and running of economic models to accurately study such matters. Participate in the related negotiations, help draft amendments or new agreements, and follow-up on the implementation of such agreements;
- Knowledge Database & Monitoring Systems: Ensure an effective management information system for monitoring the performance of the Assets, including collection, storage and analysis of all pertinent data, key value drivers and KPIs. Ensure that economic models are in place for forecasting and verification of actual results;
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering, sciences, or related discipline from an accredited university, preferably in petroleum engineering. Related postgraduate qualification (MSc. or MBA) is advantageous;
- Minimum 12 years work experience in various petroleum engineering disciplines, with expertise in commercial aspects of the upstream oil and gas business and knowledge of asset management, business development, and negotiations.
- Requires strong leadership, organisational, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, financial, economic skills as well as ability to work in multi-cultural environment and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31246