Senior Petroleum Engineer
Petroplan is actively recruiting for a Senior Petroleum Engineer for an oil & gas company in Qatar. The role is a permanent, residential position based in Qatar. The role will be focusing on the company's International assets.
High preference given to candidates with recent US unconventional experience.
- Provide operation support and monitor performance of well drilling, completions and interventions for International operations.
- Prepare requirements for well completion, develop well designs for new wells and provide technical assistance to drilling and production staff to ensure that each well is completed in a safe, efficient manner
- Monitor production performance, diagnose any anomalies and recommend engineering solutions.
- Perform production optimization activities to ensure reliability and optimum well performance
- Make continuous improvement recommendations.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Minimum 15 years' petroleum engineering experience
- 5 years' experience in unconventional development activities
- Prior experience in North American unconventional basins
- In-depth knowledge of production engineering/technology including production optimization, well design, testing and completions analysis
- Proficient in well performance and integrated production system modelling tools such as PETEX suite (Prosper, GAP, MBAL)
- Proficiency in data analysis and commercial petroleum engineering software and tools
- BSc in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33282