PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT & ECONOMIC EVALUATION
Primary purpose of job
- Design Market Intelligence Tools and Database and provide analysis and insights on global Exploration and Production industry in relation to our client's Portfolio. Prepare analytical Market Intelligence reports for Upstream, LNG, and Downstream businesses.
- Perform industry benchmarks, and lead the operational / financial standard performance indicators for the directorate.
- Prepare Market Intelligence reports and presentations on various upstream, downstream, or LNG assets
- including information on asset valuation metrics, country risk, tax regimes, regulatory environment, and economic indicators.
- Conduct industry benchmarks, peer group analyses, market competitiveness and positioning, and produce reports on key market players' strategic features, etc.
- Build and maintain economic models for various Upstream
- Exploration and Production assets under different fiscal regimes (Production sharing contracts, tax & royalty, Concessions etc.) to be used for benchmarking
- Research and track policy developments affecting the fiscal and regulatory terms governing the upstream and downstream oil, gas, and LNG sectors
- Report topical insight pieces relating to the upstream fiscal and regulatory environment* Prepare and maintain detailed country-level fiscal and regulatory reports
- Build and maintain library of fiscal models
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 15 years work experience in various disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Consideration for Business
- Consultancy experience or experience working in a major international Oil and Gas Company with multi-disciplinary expertise ranging from technical to business and economics.
- This must include a minimum 10 years with emphasis on Economic Modelling, Merger & Acquisition activities, and Market Intelligence.
- Minimum 5 years in petroleum economic evaluation experience
- Ability to design and build complex economic models for Upstream E&P, Downstream, and LNG assets or projects in a wide variety of fiscal regimes.
- Energy and ability to work within and across teams, to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Evidence of strong work ethic and awareness of discretion and need to observe confidentiality in all matters.
- Excellent problem solving, financial and economic modelling skills as well as ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English are required. Arabic is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor degree in in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration from an internationally recognized university.
- Preference for Postgraduate Qualification (MSc. Or MBA).
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33095