Senior Commissioning Engineer
To provide commissioning and start-up technical service all capital projects assigned and provide coordination between project and operation team. To prepare pre-commissioning and commissioning documentation (strategies, plans, procedures, quality , HSE, cost and schedule optimization) and ensure that it is at the full satisfaction of Operations. To provided commissioning, startup and operation input to the facilities/unit designs to ensure they are optimal, safe, cost effective and in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, National and Corporate requirements and procedures with regards to commissioning, startup and operation.
- Development of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up strategy, plan and procedures for the project facilities all along the various stages of the project.
- Develop and maintain the care and custody handover roadmap for all project facilities
- Provide input to tender documents to ensure our client's objectives for commissioning, startup, and operations are met.
- Coordinate all commissioning, start-up and operational activities to achieve fully operational, fully functional and reliable facilities.
- Establish and define commissioning requirements for Long Lead Items (LLI's).
- Coordinate and facilitate the hand over to the Start-up team, support the start-up team activities.
- Supervise, coordinate, review and comment on all pre-commissioning and commissioning related engineering deliverables to ensure safe operability requirements have been fulfilled.
- Provide guidance to a team of Contract Commissioning Engineers and activities to achieve fully operational, fully functional, reliable and consistent facilities.
- Supervise, coordinate all aspects of commissioning, i.e. process units operations, pre-commissioning and commissioning coordination, scheduling and start-up for the scope of the project.
- Recommend commissioning spare parts and consumables.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of all engineering and vendors work for developing the operation manuals for all offshore and onshore units.
- Support the established Risk Management process in order to ensure successful and timely completion of the project.
- Support Qatari development activities by ensuring that Qatari Nationals receive the proper job training and development
Decision Making Authority
- Operate within the framework of established company policies and departmental procedures, guided by engineering codes, standard practices and procedures. Work
accomplishments are not subject to third-party checks. The work is overviewed by the Project Operations Manager (OMP)/ Interface Manger (BHI).
- Responsible for all inputs, plans, activities and decisions related to the commissioning and start up aspects of the scope for the project.
- Key decisions during facilities design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning works affecting project cost and schedule.
- Exposed, for extended periods of time, to assignments overseas.
- Exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments.
- Exposed to offshore work environment during construction, installation, hook-up, commissioning, start-up and handover.
- Interface closely with project, operational and vendor groups on the commissioning and start up elements related to the scope of the project.
- B.Sc. Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
- Membership in a recognised professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years' experience of relevant construction & commissioning experience in Oil & Gas major onshore/offshore projects/multi-package portfolio (from Project Concept, FEED, engineering, construction and commissioning), of which a minimum of 7 years as a Commissioning Engineer in a supervisory capacity on a major project with a reputed engineering consultancy, EPIC contractors or Oil & Gas Company.
- "Mastery" level experience within the commissioning phase of offshore Oil & Gas processing, compression and utilities facilities, WHJ's, pipelines, living quarter and Onshore Gas Processing Facilities.
- Experienced in developing pre-commissioning and commissioning plans, defining and managing the coordination programme/scheme with Operation and Maintenance Representatives.
- Experienced in Mechanical completions practices and standards, technical specification and standards.
- Proven ability to embed all operation requirements and lessons learned in the design deliverables, without additional contractual obligation, with integrity and in a safe, cost effective manner.
- Experienced in the implementation of Industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards.
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentation.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32756