Controls, Coordinates & Directs, all Integrated Operational & unplanned (routine / non-routine) maintenance activities of CLIENTS Refinery complex (Crude Refineries, Condensate refinery, RFCC & Product Treatment Complex, SRU & Utilities Section and Oil Movement) on all days including week-ends & holidays. Responsible as OM (R) after the normal working hours, weekends and holidays. Initiates Emergency Response and activates Emergency Control Centre as Emergency Manager until the ER team takes over the centre.
- Oversee Refinery Operation, through Supervisory team, to achieve plant performance matrices as per Business Continuity Plan & yearly look-ahead. Ensures the compliance of each area operating instructions (QWI-R-PS-WI002) including BSS advices. Close coordination & communication within the shift group, for routine & non routine issues, through Shift Meetings for smooth CLIENTS refinery integrated operation. Responsible for achieving overall optimal and safe operation by integrating the activities of different sections and utility optimization.
- Interaction with other Refinery functional leads / Heads (Maintenance/Business support/Asset Integrity/Safety etc) to achieve targeted on-stream factor / KPI's for Refinery units with reasonable business balance.
- Authorised to appove / endorse all critical work permits (within refinery & outside refinery) for all routine, non-routine & projects activities. Justifies on call resources of CLIENTS Refinery. Managing logistics of Central Control Building, BSS, AMWAJ etc.
- Writing the shift report, in IMS approved format, in hard copy & e-log book (QFM-R-PS-FM047). Preparing daily reports for Refinery Operation & Slop generation (QFM-R-PS-FM004/005). Making plant visits as per IMS guidelines (QGI-R-PS-GI002). Maintaining office records as per IMS (CLIENTS R-R-PS-PR 013/004).
- Reviews and monitors process operating data, Quality laboratory results, shift operational logs of all area shift supervisors. Prioritise & Initiates for Process adjustments/corrections to ensure on-specification product.
- External Close coordination with CLIENTS Terminal (Natural Gas, crude, Condensate, slop), QVC (caustic), QAPCO (sulfur), QAFAC (MTBE), MIC (Waste Disposal), EXPORT/IMPORT (Berth 6), Medical Centre, Emergency Preparedness Plan, MEW (All HT Motors start up, Raw water issues), WOQOD/NGL (Refinery products), SEEF(slop, utilities & hydrocarbon streams) etc. for Smooth CLIENTS Refinery Operation.
- Create safe & engaging work environment through staff's close interaction, shift meetings, safety tours etc.
- Assumes full Administrative and Technical responsibility of all the process units during silent hours including week-ends & holidays. Coordination with HR for emergency Exit permits.
- Various emergencies handling, Routine testing of emergency systems (ERT/Fire siren etc), Incident reporting SMS system, Initiates Emergency Procedures including Emergency Control Centre activation, as per the Emergency Preparedness Plan, depending on the level of emergency. Initiates Emergency Response and act as Emergency Manager until the ERP team takes over the scene.
Qualification / Knowledge / Experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 15 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry including at least 8 years in a Refinery at a senior Supervisory level (must have working exposure to Primary & Secondary Refinery Processing Units).
- High degree of oral & written English.
- Team player, Respectful, Transparent & Ability to work independently.
- Reach out for assistance, when needed.
- Behave in accordance with values / ethics.
- Negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good & Clear communication skills.
- Very good analytical, creative, management and motivational skills.
- Conversant with basic computers operation.
- Various Trainings -Fire & Safety /Vocational/Behavioural/ Management
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34462