The purpose of the Rig HSE Advisor is to provide and be responsible for providing HSE support to the Drilling and Completions team for all HSE drilling, work overs and completion activities.
Reporting to the Chad Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Manager, the Rig Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Support, promote, implement and monitor Glencore's Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE-MS), HSE Policy, procedures and programs to all personnel.
- Report on a daily basis to the HSE Manager all activities carried out and planned, anomalies, near misses, incidents and accidents and any unsafe condition or observed behaviour that could impact the HSE performance;
- Ensure that all prescribed HSE procedures and equipment are fully adopted, both by company staff and contractors;
- Support the drilling/work-over department/company man for all issues related to HSE at the rig;
- Coach and mentor local HSE personnel in support of Glencore's Nationalisation Plan
- Ensure emergency preparedness on rig site according to client procedures and plans;
- Carry out safety inspections and control of safety equipment functionality;
- Participate and audit PTWs (Permit to Work);
- Propose and supervise on site HSE compliance campaigns, HSE training; and so on;
- Perform environmental inspections and waste disposal and segregation;
- Observation cards tracking, ensure adequate corrective actions are undertaken for most significant stop cards;
- In an emergency situation be a member of rig investigation team, write incidents reports and maintain files, register and follow-up close out of corrective actions
- Ensure compliance with Glencore corporate (SAFEOIL), and local HSE policies in current and future operations and conduct gap assessment against requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Government regulations in current and future operations
- Develop , implement and Ensure Well Engineering team has fit for purpose HSE systems
- Support and coach and develop rig based HSE advisors
- Foster a working relationship with the site team to ensure an effective and transparent HSE culture on site with personnel of varying nationalities and levels of experience.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken. French desirable.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
- Minimum of 10 years Health and Safety experience in Oil and Gas with applicable and specific skill set for Drilling and Completions
- Previous experience working overseas, i.e. Africa or Middle East.
- Professional dependability and reliability essential.
- Formal qualification in Health and Safety, i.e. University Technical Degree or NEBOSH IGC (less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant strong experience).
- Evidence validating track record of presenting information to managers and staff.
- Experience of developing, reviewing and implementing Health and Safety policies and guidance within a complex organization.
- Experience with HSE Management Systems development and evaluation.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating employees at all levels to achieve health and safety performance.
- Supervisory experience in Drilling and Completions in the functional position of Health and Safety Advisor.
- High proficiency with IT and industry software including MS Office
- Drilling, Work over / completion Well Engineering understanding
- Extensive experience in a similar role supporting Well Engineering operations.
- Awareness of spend profile in Well Engineering operations.
- Understanding of HSE management systems, processes and tools.
- Some Construction or Process Safety experience desirable
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36494