This position is for 6-9 months to be based in Surrey.
- Responsible for the design, specification, selection, and services relating to rotating machinery including gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, pumps, and packaged equipment.
- The required competency and skills would typically have been built up working for a consultant engineering company, machinery manufacturer, or end user company.
- Personnel would be expected to have a varied and extensive experience of mechanical equipment applications in the onshore and offshore oil and gas project environment to include concept, front end engineering design, detailed design, commissioning and operations.
- A specialist and detailed knowledge of centrifugal, axial and reciprocating compressors, pumps, and gas/steam turbines is essential including field experience in the manufacturing, performance testing, commissioning, and trouble shooting.
- A good working knowledge of machinery rotor dynamics, machinery performance calculations, lubrication, shaft sealing, and machinery selection criteria is essential.
- Also required is a good working knowledge of industry standards for mechanical equipment.
- Selected personnel will be highly competent in written and spoken communication and be able to use a range of standard software such as MS Word and MS Excel to prepare technical documents and to write technical reports.
- Job success will depend on interpersonal skills and the effective interaction with others.
The minimum qualification requirements for this position are a first degree in Mechanical Engineering and a full professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer (full member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers or a recognised equivalent).
Previous relevant experience of working on design engineering projects for the Oil & Gas industry is absolutely essential.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36611