We are currently supporting an oil and gas industry leader in their search for a Communication and Strategy Expert.
This is a full time and permanent position that will be based in Saudi Arabia. The position is open to expatriates and people on Single or Family status.
The Expert will be responsible for overseeing just about every aspect of the business related to Branding, Communication, and Marketing. Communication and Strategy Expert is expected to support in matters related to Communication Strategy and monitoring major initiatives in Public Affairs Organization.
- Enhance Public Affairs Operating and Interaction Model.
- Review of corporate advertising and marketing plans for corporate brand promotion.
- Coordinate alignment of brand executions to ensure compliance with corporate goals.
- Creatively develop and execute campaigns to ensure ongoing alignment with corporate messaging and identified brand deliverables.
- Identify, measure, and track appropriate brand indices to gauge levels of operation management, communication efficacy, and impact against business strategies.
- Review Media Strategy and Management to ensure proactive engagement and evaluate media engagement strategies for announcements and campaigns.
- Review Social Media Strategy and impact (performance tracking and analysis).
- Support the Company's crisis communications activities, crisis preparedness, and media handling during crisis incidents.
- Refine KPIs aligned with international benchmarks.
- Expand the use of new technologies (AI, Data Analytics…).
- A bachelor's degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, English, or a related field in arts. An MBA or a higher degree is preferred.
- A minimum 20 years of experience in Public Relations, Media Relations gained from either agency and/or in-house corporate setting, including a minimum of 5 years' recent experience in energy or oil and gas sectors.
- Native English-speaking proficiency with excellent English writing and presentation skills.
- Have diversified skills in media, media production, branding, and marketing.
- Deep knowledge of and contacts across international business media (print/online/broadcast) and excellent understanding of social media.
- Proven experience of media handling in crisis situations with consistent ability to respond calmly and with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an exceptional sense of responsibility and accountability.
- A self-starter who works independently with responsibility and minimal supervision and is focused on delivery.
- Sound judgment underpinned by a strong sense of news and appreciation of the news cycle.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate drivers.
- Ability to engage confidently with senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and proven team working and team management skills.
- Trustworthy and responsible; handle confidential issues with sensitivity and care at all times.
- Manage colleagues and communications agencies to deliver consistent results to an exceptional and consistent standard.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.