ENGINEERING MANAGER (Offshore Experience Required)
Contract (minimum 1 year)
Provides the project focal point for all engineering design and drafting activities on assigned project(s). Also provides the engineering interface for the project construction, controls, HSE, information, procurement/materials and quality groups.
Operations and Activities
- Responsible for directing and monitoring progress for the timely engineering definition of components to be designed, purchased, and installed.
- Responsible for providing accurate planning information to project management and project controls to establish a baseline project plan for execution.
- Responsible to engineering staff for providing necessary information to allow design development.
- Responsible to project management for accurate reporting of progress and analysis/suggestions defining needs to achieve project established goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate design reviews are performed to ensure that the content of the engineering deliverables meet or exceed defined requirements.
- Responsible to demonstrate and teach good management principles and behaviour to the engineering staff.
- Responsible to ensure that ideas that improve the project cost/risk position are fairly considered and, where appropriate, successfully implemented.
- Responsible to communicate the project principles and key objectives to the engineering staff.
- Responsible for the organization of the engineering staff to effectively execute quality and timely design packages to meet the planned construction program.
- Responsible to provide engineering interface requirements as necessary to meet the project's organizational goals.
- Responsible to assign/direct/monitor project engineering functions to meet overall project goals.
- Responsible to ensure that qualified engineering personnel are assigned to all necessary engineering functions on the project.
- Responsible to review engineering personnel performance in meeting assigned project work.
- Responsible to provide engineering personnel necessary information and, where applicable, training to perform the work defined.
- Responsible to provide feedback to Discipline Department Managers on the performance of engineering personnel on the project.
- Responsible to instigate timely release of engineering staff as work content is completed.
Schedule and Budget
- Responsible to communicate to engineering personnel on the project the budgetary constraints for each area of responsibility.
- Responsible to review actual vs. planned progress and productivity of the engineering group as a whole and, where necessary, for the component groups.
- Responsible to provide project management projections as to overruns or underruns based upon component productivity and work scope variations.
- Responsible to review/approve technical recommendations for procurement of project materials related to critical areas of the project.
- 8 to 10 years Offshore experience is required.
- Total experience should be 15 years as minimum.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.