- Analyzing and interpreting data related to water quality, preparing reports, and communicating findings
- Developing strategies and implementing measures to prevent and control pollution in water bodies, including the identification and mitigation of pollution sources
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop water management plans
- Field evaluations such as site assessments for impact analysis or development of hydrologic and hydraulic mitigation measures, and collecting stream cross section, stream roughness, flow and water quality data
- Experience with field equipment for basic surveying, water quality sampling and flow measurement data collection preferred but not essential
- Calculations and modeling of stream discharges, determination of flood limits and watershed analysis
- Groundwater modeling experience
- Preparation of written surface water and groundwater technical evaluations and development water supply assessments
- Preparation of written water optimization assessments
- Preparation of surface water and groundwater impacts analyses for CEQA and NEPA documentation
- Lead and support hydrodynamic and water quality model setup, calibration, validation, and application
- Preparation of Water Pollution Prevention Plans
- Analyze watershed, hydrodynamic, and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
Skills / Qualifications
- BA/BS (or higher) degree with a major in environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, physics, chemistry, hydrology or hydrogeology
- 10 years of professional experience, preferably with an environmental consulting organization
- Knowledge of various surface water and groundwater modelling software including MODFLOW, MODFLOW FLEX, SURFER, RBCA, Watersheds
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.