Location: Saudi Arabia
Seeking a senior hydrocarbon resource Geomodeller to join Exploration Resource Assessment Dept, who will have specialized expertise in multiple integrated geoscience disciplines to assess hydrocarbon resources using industry standard methods, definitions and guidelines (PRMS). Integration of multidisciplinary data plays a critical role in volumetric assessments to book or update reserves and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct 2D and 3D volumetric resource assessments
- Integrate multidisciplinary data to assess hydrocarbon resources
- Map fluid surfaces and distribution
- Run data analysis and data quality validation throughout different property modelling workflows
- Conduct geostatistical analyses to be utilized in 3D modelling
- QC and validate 3D static models and relevant outputs
- Apply the latest technology and efficient workflows to generate resource assessment work process
- Collaborate with resource petrophysicists, geoscientists and engineers conduct accurate assessments
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of 3D modelling processes.
- Train, mentor and develop the young professionals on relevant skills
- As a successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor Degree in Geosciences or related field (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or other related science and engineering fields) is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of 15 years of experience. At least 5-10 years of professional experience in 3D static modelling, including an extensive formal experience in 2D and 3D modelling and resource assessment related studies is desirable.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in conventional and unconventional reservoirs with respect to reservoir characterization and 3D modelling.
- Proficiency in the modelling software packages such as Petrel, Openworks, Gocad, RMS
- Knowledge in structural geology, sequence stratigraphy, carbonate and clastic depositional environments and facies development
- Understanding of petrophysical data evaluation
- Good understanding of industry guidelines and Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS)
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.